PDA

View Full Version : Medicine

yjgirl32
06-22-2009, 10:23 AM
My family and I will be traveing to the world in Sept and I was wondering if they can pack their medication in their carry-ons or do they need to pack it in their checked bags? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

nicster
06-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Meds should always go in your carry-on bag, who knows what could happen to your checked luggage. If the meds are liquid, the airlines have specific rules for that, check on their website.

What I do for our meds/health supplements is make little packets for each day. You can get those little ziptop 1"x2" baggies at the dollar store & other places (like the craft store). That way I have exactly what we need (I also make up an extra day or two worth, just in case of some airline delay). If you need to, you could always use a sharpe to mark each individuals name on them, or mark the morning, evening, etc.

Hope this helps!

dancin Disney style
06-22-2009, 10:38 AM
If it is prescription meds... you can bring them in your carry on. In fact you absolutely should. Just be sure that they are labelled properly with the pharmacy sticker and their names. If these are liquids and larger than 3oz they will be accepted because they are prescibed.

If you are talking about OTC meds you can carry them on in pill form but if liquids they must adhere to the 3oz rule.

disneymom15
06-22-2009, 10:38 AM
They can put it in their carry on luggage. I think that's always the best way to do it, just in case their checked bags get lost you still have your meds.

yjgirl32
06-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Thank you all very much. I have only traveled by air twice and did not need medicine either time.

beksy
06-22-2009, 11:32 PM
I've only traveled by air with meds once before (last trip to FL) but I had eight prescriptions that time, including a narcotic pain killer. I put them all in my carry-on and didn't have any problems. I will worry over anything though so I took along a copy of the prescriptions for the pain killers just to be on the safe side! ;)

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-23-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm a kidney transplant patient so I HAVE to travel with meds in my carry-on. If they were lost and I was late taking them I could go into organ failure. I've flown a few times so far this year and 2 of them were out of the country. I've never had any problems with them being in my carry on. No one has ever asked about them. I carry them in a large pill case so I don't have to take 7 pill bottles with me.

ALWAYS carry your medications in your carry-on. NEVER check them.