PDA

View Full Version : 6:00 a.m., 90 days away, Let the fun begin....

Marker
06-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Today is the day my 90 day ADR window opens.

I was up at 4:55 a.m.(central time) so I could use the online ADR system right at 5:00.

Using the online system, I made my ADRs for day 1, but since I used a travel agent that is all I could do. So, I have 2 ADRs for day 1:

California Grill, 5:50 on 9/20
Mama Melrose 5:45 on 9/20

Yes, I know those are the same time. Which one I use will depend on the rest of the ADRs I get. Once I have my others, I'll know what I want to do and cancel the other. Also, if I keep Mama Melrose, I'd like to add the Fantasmic Dining Package to it, which I couldn't seem to do online.

Now it's 6:09 a.m., I dialed right at 6:00 a.m. (according to my Sprint phone. The voice on the other end told me the wait is currently more than 30 minutes.... tick, tick, tick, tick...... fingers are crossed.

Marker
06-22-2009, 07:32 AM
6:32 and still holding...

Marker
06-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Not Bad!!!!

They picked up the call at 6:38, so 38 minutes on hold.

I got all the locations I wanted, including Le Cellier. I had to be flexible with times, and some dates, but I mostly got everything within a certain window. The only one that was radically different was LeCellier, I wanted dinner on Thurs, Wed, or Mon, and I got lunch on Saturday. That's ok, I got in and was really wanting to visit Le Cellier this time as we've by-passed it for 2 or 3 years in order to try new places.

Here's there rundown of my ADRs.

Day 1 - California Grill @ 5:50 (late enough to hang out for 8:00 Wishes, or early enough to go see Wishes in MK)

Day 2 - San Angel Inn @ 12:30. Would probably have preferred dinner, but no problem with lunch. EMH at DHS, so plenty of time to get over there for that if we choose. This is also a Spectromagic night so there's plenty of time to get there as well.

Day 3 - Crystal Palace @ 2:15. This is on purpose. I was actually shooting for 2:30, but oh well. Late lunch before MNSSHP.

Day 4 - Akersues @ 5:05. This is right on schedule, planned for Akersues for dinner on either day 4 or day 5. 5:00 dinners are a little easier to get, and get you finished in time to get to fireworks, parade or other evening events.

Day 5 - Mama Melrose @ 12:25. Again, would have probably preferred dinner, but not problem with lunch.

Day 6 - 50's Prime Time, @ 5:05. This is Friday, the first day of Food & Wine. We plan to take advantage of Food and Wine during the day, then slide over to DHS for Fantasmic. Depending on how much we eat at F&W we may decide to cancel this.

Day 7 - Le Cellier @ 12:35. This is the one we were most flexible with, BUT WE GOT IN!!! Planning for SpectroMagic and Wishes for our final night, so this works well. Awesome steak, then catch the monorail to MK for the evening.

Call ended at 6:55, so made all my ADRs in 17 minutes.

Not exactly what I had originally planned, but pretty darned close. And got all the locations I wanted, withing an agreable window.

Overall, I'm happy!!!!!!

90 days to go!!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Glad you got what you wanted! Worrying about making ADR's is one of the most stressful parts of planning a Disney trip, isn't it!

yjgirl32
06-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Looks good!!!! I was lucky enough to get most of the times and places that I had wanted too. Now you can breathe a big sigh of relief. Congrats.

bcornette
06-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Why could you only make day 1 reservations?
Is that the case with all travel agencies and using the online reservation system?
My 90 day window is open in a couple weeks and I was really looking forward to doing it all online. We booked through AAA, I hope I can do it all online.

DANAM
06-22-2009, 01:41 PM
:congrats: on getting what you wanted!!!

PixieMagic
06-22-2009, 01:54 PM
So happy for you! It is such a relief once ADR's are finished!!!:cloud9:

Belster
06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Looks like you are going to have good eats while you are on your trip!!!

pixiesmimi
06-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't understand why you could only make reservations for one day. I went on line and made reservations for several days. I had already made reservations on the phone and was able to pull those up also and today went on line and cancelled a couple that I had double booked because they were too late in the evening.

Septbride2002
06-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Just wanted to comment that your plan for the Crystal Palace is awesome! We ate a super early lunch there like 11:00a.m. on the dot and the place wasnt' to crowded but by noon it was PACKED. I think doing a late lunch/early dinner is the way to go with this place - not to mention cheaper prices for the same food.

~Amanda

imaprincess!
06-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Congratulations! Good eating in a great place always makes for a wonderful vacation.