PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds and WDW???

jaredkari
06-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Perhaps I am behind the times, but did McDonalds and WDW break ties. I thought I had heard something about all McDonalds branded food items being removed from the parks??

TheRustyScupper
06-21-2009, 10:00 PM
The ties-that-bind, don't anymore.

DizneyRox
06-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Yep, I believe for the most part they are all gone. It started when McD's didn't like Disney exclusive terms for movie promotions if you ask me. They bailed and shortly after we started hearing about the different kiosks closing. Coincidence? You decide, but you can't get "good" fries in a park any longer and when was the last time McDonald's had a Disney movie promotion?

Hmm.. Found this on allbusiness.com (goes back to 2006) Here's a little quote regarding the "deal" that fell through:

Under the terms of the deal, said to be worth $1 billion to Disney, McDonald's paid $100 million in royalties and conducted 11 promotions a year for Disney films, videos and TV shows. Disney also agreed to let McDonald's build kiosks at its theme parks.
I thought I heard about some healthy eating initiative, this seems to indicate that's got nothing to do with it. Possibly a dig at McD on their way out. Disneys like to get their way...

dizneefan67
06-21-2009, 10:18 PM
You are right about McDonald's closing all their PARK kiosks. There were many reasons why they closed but no one eer gave a good one!
BUT If you are traveling with or without kids and are craving McDonald's, as far as I know, the McDonad's at DTD is still open. If not I remember thatthere is another McDonald's on property, over near AK, someone correct this if I am wrong. If that is not right, the next closest McDonald's that I know of is on Sand Lake Road at the intersection of International Drive. Its right off the exit of I-4, you cannot miss it, with the BIG BOX OF FRIES on the front of the building, its the most unique McD's in the world. It has aa regularMcD's, a pizzeria, a Beyers old fashioned Ice Cream Counter, an arcade on the second floor and the third floor is the entrance to the PlayPlace. At 42, years old I would enjoy that! :yay:

Hope this helps, have a great trip!

Will:mickey:

lightyearfan
06-22-2009, 11:43 AM
McDonad's at DTD is still open. If not I remember thatthere is another McDonald's on property, over near AK, someone correct this if I am wrong.

nope not wrong , there is one right at the corner before you enter the All Stars Resorts.

Victor