PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dining Package...

Marker
06-21-2009, 06:39 PM
With the reduction of Fantasmic offerings, is the Fantasmic Dining Package more worth it than it used to be?

With only 2 performances per week, I envision much larger crowds and a tougher time getting in. Therefore it would seem that the guaranteed seat you get with the Fantasmic Dining Package might be even more valuable.

Can you reserve the Fantasmic Dining Package with the new online dining reservation system?

faline
06-21-2009, 07:31 PM
To be honest, I've heard that the Fantasmic dining package is less valuable now. There have been reports that folks who do not have the dining package are migrating to the reserved seats - sometimes leaving those who paid for the dining package "locked out" unless they arrive really, really early.

Donald's Girl
06-21-2009, 07:59 PM
We found it tremendously worthwhile last month. Dinner at Brown Derby was excellent. Server told us not to worry about getting there less than an hour before showtime.

Got there about 45 minutes early and it was running smoothly. They did a good job keeping Dining package guests separate--we didn't see anyone trying to jump the line.

Now, it was only 2 of us so maybe that makes a difference. For a large party, you probably do need to get there at least an hour in advance if you want to sit together.

Just wanted to reassure people who keep hearing all the negatives.

Pirate Granny
06-21-2009, 08:13 PM
It didn't work for us...and there was an additional showing of Fantasmic that evening. We arrived 30 minutes before the show to be told that ALL seats were gone...standing room only...didn't matter that we had tickets. We were told that the coupon said 60 minutes before and they don't guarantee seats after that. Now...if I wanted to go stand in line and get a seat 60 minutes before the show, I wouldn't have purchased the package. You need to go through the same entrance as everyone else too now...
We didn't get a chance to see the show, and I will no longer buy the package.
:pirate:

mouseketeer mom
06-21-2009, 10:32 PM
It didn't work for us...and there was an additional showing of Fantasmic that evening. We arrived 30 minutes before the show to be told that ALL seats were gone...standing room only...didn't matter that we had tickets. We were told that the coupon said 60 minutes before and they don't guarantee seats after that. Now...if I wanted to go stand in line and get a seat 60 minutes before the show, I wouldn't have purchased the package. You need to go through the same entrance as everyone else too now...
We didn't get a chance to see the show, and I will no longer buy the package.
:pirate:

The coupon really says 60 mins before showtime?? wow. That helps me make up my mind about our August package. I'm with you. If I want to stand in line, I wouldn't bother with the package. Think we'll skip it.

merlinmagic4
06-22-2009, 06:55 AM
We did the package in April and our server at H&V told us to get there an hour early. We were walking up the ramp one hour before the show and them CM was yelling to everyone that it was standing room only. We made our way up and they still had control of the reserved section. We found seats easily for the 18 of us but it filled up right after that. I can't imagine when the other people already in the regular section of the stadium started lining up.

Disney_Barbie
06-24-2009, 01:15 PM
We found it tremendously worthwhile last month. Dinner at Brown Derby was excellent.

Question for you : At Brown Derby, was there a select menu to choose from? The ONLY entree my DH is interested in is the New York Strip Steak. We aren't trying to get around the price of it ($36) we just don't want to book the Fantasmic package only to find out that he has to choose another entree that he doesn't want to. We'd rather book regular ressies so he can eat what he wants, but if you can order anything off the menu then the Fantasmic entry would be a nice plus. THANKS!

momofdisneyprincess
06-24-2009, 01:27 PM
As far as I know, you can order anything from the menu as part of the Fantasmic Package. If you have the DDP, that may be different though (meaning, sometimes not everything in the menu is included with the DDP). Hope this helps.

DadTriton
06-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Only worth it during the most peak season. Once we went and the dining package people were all there 1 hr before, afraid of losing "special" seats, while the bowl was still half empty!
They also limit the tables for the package. I have called and received terrible seating time quotes for the package, only to call back and ask for normal seating with no problems. Kinda like frequent flyer miles.

Pally
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
"There have been reports that folks who do not have the dining package are migrating to the reserved seats - sometimes leaving those who paid for the dining package "locked out" unless they arrive really, really early."

My thinking is that I would not go really, really, early to get a seat period.

But.... if the program is working well, I think it is very worthwhile. It does not cost you any more. We are going to take the chance. We have reservations for Brown Derby and then Fantasmic. We are going to stay optimistic. We have done this program in the past and it was great. :mickey: