PDA

View Full Version : Airline travel w/ Disney Pins

mack daddy
06-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Does any know if Disney pins are allowed in carry on luggage on planes? DD's 7 &11 have lanyards with some great pins and would hate to see TSA confiscate, so if anyone has traveled with their pins, I would appreciate the feedback. 17 days and counting.:mickey:

happy day
06-21-2009, 01:58 PM
we traveled with pins on american, and had no problems'

NotaGeek
06-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Pins are not on the banned list ... check with TSA (http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm)to make sure... if you are worried you can always place them in your checked baggage if you have any.

dancin Disney style
06-22-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm glad someone asked this question. Just yesterday I was thinking the same thing. We are only taking carry on and my DD wants to bring her pins....although she is to timid to trade....she swears that this time she will trade.

Ed
06-22-2009, 02:36 PM
The pins are definitely allowed.

If the pins are in your carry-on luggage, TSA may have to open the luggage to inspect them. To simplify things, pack them at the top of everything else in the bag. Or, if the pins are all on lanyards, have the girls wear them, and place them in open view in one of the bins for x-raying. That way, if the x-ray is not clear (lots of metal creates a big black blob on the screen), the agent can quickly see and inspect them.

figgie
06-22-2009, 09:21 PM
I've never had a problem, in fact, I've had TSA agents looking at and admiring my pins!

BPATSMouse
08-01-2009, 04:07 AM
My kids always wear there lanyards and if the TSA say anything they are always positive comments about the pins. We even traded with one Orlando TSA last year (she was on a break past the check station).

mamasun
08-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I was wondering the same thing- I may take the advice and have my girls wear theirs on the plane! It will probably even add to the excitement!

onjbj
08-19-2009, 05:58 PM
We had a lanyard with pins and box of pins to trade packed in our luggage last week and they were stolen by an airline worker, so I would NOT pack them in your bags. We are devasted and will NEVER, EVER pack them in checked luggage again.

Capt_redshirt
10-29-2009, 12:34 AM
i went through Orlando TSA on saturday with a lanyard full of pins and they didnt say a word about them.

Lelandmm
12-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Years ago, someone with my previous employer had their name tag confiscated by TSA because it was a "sharp object".
It was a metal name tag, but the back was a magnet!
CRAZY!

My pins and my dad's pins were in my carry on bag. Just because we had gone shopping before heading to the airport!

They went right through!

I am sure MCO knows what they are and they have no problems, However, the only place I would say who might have a question is your home airport who have no idea what they are.

Mad Hatta
01-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Makes me nervous to take mine on the plane...

Suz36
02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
We've never had a problem, have always had them in carry-on, and usually come home with A LOT of pins, both on lanyards and in books.

BugeyedMuggy
02-20-2010, 07:19 PM
We were on an early morning flight from CT to disney and noticed the people next to us were looking through disney pins they had on the flight. We started conversation and showed some of our pins. Well to make a long story short about four groups of disney pin fans made several trades before we even arived in Florida.:party:

We flew Southwest, but I dont think that mattered because everyone had to go through the same search no matter what airline you were flying.

Aurora's Spindle
02-23-2010, 12:09 AM
I've flown Continental from both WDW and Disneyland post-9/11 (into NYC, nevertheless) and never had a problem with my pins being in my carry-on luggage. TSA has no restrictions set on these items, but if you're still nervous about it, you can call the airline and ask to speak to the security department to double-check. They'll usually tell you straight out if it'll be a problem or not.

iLovethejonasbrothers
03-08-2010, 11:33 AM
I always carry on my pins. We never have a problem with southwest.