PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House lunch

mouseketeer mom
06-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Whats it like? We just booked an ADR that would get us a ticket for Nemo and friends as well. Is this a good choice? This will be our "main meal" of the day...

Hull-onian
06-21-2009, 12:37 PM
We ate at Tusker House when it was counter service and it was excellent. We really enjoyed it. Now it is a buffet. From what I have read, it is very good, so you should enjoy it. You will love the Nemo show as well. It is very fun.

ransam
06-21-2009, 12:39 PM
we loved it...it was our favorite buffet. lots of food, choices, and it was all just awesome!!!

badkitty
06-21-2009, 12:42 PM
The buffet is wonderful. It is very hard not to eat too much. There are many African regional foods that are mouth-watering as well as the usual buffet favorites for the kids. I really enjoyed it.

chefmickey3
06-21-2009, 12:51 PM
We would like to try this one as well. Does someone have more info about the Nemo tickets? It is one of our favorite shows in WDW. Is it with breakfast and lunch? Do you have to ask for it when you do ADRs?

mouseketeer mom
06-21-2009, 01:26 PM
We would like to try this one as well. Does someone have more info about the Nemo tickets? It is one of our favorite shows in WDW. Is it with breakfast and lunch? Do you have to ask for it when you do ADRs?

Everyone who books an ADR between 1:00pm and 1:40 gets a ticket for the 3:15 Nemo show, reserved seating.

Goofy Pluto
06-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I have to give a dissenting opinion of Tusker House.

Now, let me preface this by saying that when we went it was probably within a week or two of when they reopened as a buffet in November in 2007. But it was not a good experience for us.

The biggest problem was that we had made ADRs for lunch and showed up on time. But we sat around waiting 1/2 an hour on a hot day before I finally went to the counter to ask again about our seats. Then someone finally took us in. While we were waiting outside we figured they must be busy and that's why we had to wait. But when they finally sat us, there was almost no one in the restaurant and loads of empty tables. So basically we waited for no reason! Probably because someone just forgot about us but then no one said anything to us or apologized. Not a good first impression.

The server we had was rather inattentive, as I remember it.

The food? Lots of different rice dishes and generally things we don't eat. I'm guessing they were Indian or African dishes, which just isn't our thing. Some stuff was good, but we wouldn't eat at least half of the things, I guess. And I'm someone who likes to try different things but what I saw was not appealing to me.

Maybe things have changed since then and the service is better now, but it left a very bad impression on us and we wouldn't go back or recommend it to others. Or at least I'd tell them about our experience (which I'm doing) and let them make their own decisions.

simpleyred
06-23-2009, 10:30 AM
We tried this restaurant for the first time in Feb. this year. My DH and I agree that is will become a must do from now on. As badkitty stated it is very hard not to eat too much. Plenty of choices for even the pickest eater to choose from. Make sure you save room for dessert. Our server was great and even with a big crowd waiting outside , never felt rushed. :mickey:

Next trip-Jan.25-Feb.1, 2010 POFQ with my entire family. Thanks Mom and Dad!

DisneyHoneymooners
06-23-2009, 11:14 AM
We tried Tusker House for the first time last year.
I was initially disappointed that I couldn't get us breakfast reservations-but that didn't last long.
The food is incredible! There's a great variety of foods to choose from so you can be daring and try things you've never had before.

threeh
06-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Hey Mousekateer mom!!!
We have had lunch twice at Tusker house and I really really enjoyed it. I think the food is very tasty and always lots of it. It's a buffett so you can be in and out with ease. Lots of choices so everyone in our party is pleased.
Haven't tried the nemo show part but Tusker house is a favorite when we go to AK.

Have fun!!:mickey: