PDA

View Full Version : One night at POR..Boatwrights or T-Rex?

mouseketeer mom
06-21-2009, 07:44 AM
We have a one night stay here, our first time, before our transfer to the Poly in the morning. We won't be doing a park this night. I was thinking we'd do a dinner at Boatwrights, then the boat to DTD to walk around, check things out. Is this a good plan or is it best to eat at DTD? We have eaten DTD before, Wolfgang Pucks and House of Blues. The only place we would probably go if we went to DTD is T-Rex. Although up to suggestions. Is Boatwrights "worth it"? The menu looks great to me!

dizfanforever
06-21-2009, 09:01 AM
We've eaten at both. I'd say it depends on if you have kids or not. With kids, I'd recommend T-Rex for the atmosphere. It is very loud in there...but the decorations and the "meteor shower" are lots of fun. No kids - then I'd say Boatwright's. It would be a much quieter and "relaxed" atmosphere.

DisneyMiMi
06-21-2009, 09:07 AM
I agree with Dizfanforever, T-Rex is extremely loud. If you want to carry on a conversation it is rather difficult. However, my 5 year old granddaughter absolutely loved it. My son and his wife had an anniveresary dinner at Boatwright's and thought the food was very good. You might want to check on their horse-drawn carriage ride after dinner at POR. You can take your drinks with you and enjoy a leisurely ride after dinner. You do have to make a reservation and if not canceled 24 hours ahead of time, you'll be charged anyway.

missymouseworld
06-21-2009, 09:27 AM
I would say if you have children, Boatwrights may be a disappointment. We were there this past April and had dinner there and while it was a nice atmosphere, the food was good, it was quite expensive, and the kids meals under age of 10 were the same at all the restaurants in Disney(pizza, mickey mac/cheese/chicken nuggets, etc). My older children (12/15) ordered off the regular menu and it was a waste for them. They would have rather eaten in the food court at POR, they liked their food much better.

If you are looking for something to do after dinner, the piano player in the lounge/bar area is fun for all.

#1donaldfan
06-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Boatwrights is a "home cooked" meal "type" to us....we tend to shy away from that while on vacation.....it's very good though!! The kids may like T-Rex much better, it's a fun place to be....if it were me, I'd do T-Rex, shop a bit and head back for a night swim.....:mickey: