PDA

View Full Version : Crowds The Week of August 9th to August 15th

Capt. Jack Sparrow
06-20-2009, 10:05 PM
My wife aand I are planning a last minute trip to Disney the week of August 15th for 5 days.

How terrible are the crowds? We do not see another time available for us to go and we need our fix.:confused:

We do not want to spend a ton of money and not be able to see or go on all the ridess.:mickey:

JavaDuck
06-21-2009, 01:16 AM
What a good question! I'll be there that week too.

I went last year July 31 to August 7. Compared to my visit during Memorial Day weekend in 1996, the crowds did not seem that bad. We were able to ride everything we wanted. We used Fast Pass when we could.

Have a great trip!

TikiGoddess
06-21-2009, 09:30 AM
We're going from the 10th to the 19th of August this year. Touring plans crowd calendar has the crowds listed at a 6 for most days (out of 10). Although one of the guys in charge says it might be more like a 7.

We've been to WDW in the summer... it will be hot and busy but if you use Fast pass and get to parks early (or stay late) you'll be fine.

Kathy

PS if you end up going in August, check out the thread in my signature... we're hopefully going to do a meet sometime!

MarkC
06-21-2009, 10:05 AM
The crowds could be moderate from the 9th to 15th but heavy starting the 16th due to the free dining plan that starts on the 16th. That could be offset as a lot of people return to school that week. It will be busy but not jammed like spring break of Christmas time. Get to the parks early. Mark