PDA

View Full Version : Florida Supermarket Question

just2mickey
06-20-2009, 09:00 PM
First, I want to say that I missed my INTERCOT family and how much fun it is to be on here. I cannot believe it has been a year since I posted. BUT I AM BACK BABY! (Gospel according to Frank Costanza)

My question is this.... to those of you who know about the supermarkets in Florida, which one do you recommend? We are headed to Destin in one week and saw a Publix and Tom Thumb listing. Which one is better in terms of variety and services?:mickey:

wdw_bound
06-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Publix is a great chain - lots of selection, great bakery, meat and seafood, as well as a nice organics section. Not familiar with Tom Thumb, but have shopped at Publix throughout FL, GA and SC and been very happy.

MNNHFLTX
06-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Publix is a good, reliable grocery store. Probably the one favored by most Floridians.

baby minnie's mommy
06-20-2009, 10:28 PM
We live in FL and I shop at Publix for my family. Haven't heard of the other one...

In addition, Publix has a wonderful bakery, if you need a special cake, or pastries for breakfast, etc. People use Publix for their wedding cakes, which says a lot.

:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I go to Winn/Dixie when I'm in Orlando. I even applied for their courtesy card on line so I have it while I'm there. It saves me a little bit more money.