PDA

View Full Version : Life Vests at TL?

clou1028
06-20-2009, 07:00 PM
I know they have them available. Have any adults here ever used one for the wave pool?

I am not a real strong swimmer, so I can't go in the deep part. But my husband really likes too, and I'd really like to go out there and have fun with him, but I'd need a life vest to go in over my head. I just think I'd look silly.

It's kinda of a funny to worry about, I have certainly seen worse things at TL than an adult in a life vest! :rolleyes:

DANAM
06-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I am going to tell you that if your not a strong swimmer get the vest and brace yourself. I did see adults with them but I do not remember if I saw a place to get them. I would call TL directly just to be sure they have them.

I was a year round swimmer and in knee deep water holding my son the waves knocked me over. I didn't expect it to be so strong and I should have braced myself a little better. My DD7 who is a decent swimmer really got thrown around.

biodtl
06-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Don't worry about how it looks - if you aren't a strong swimmer, get one. The waves can be very strong and even strong swimmers can have a hard time. As for how it looks, it would look worse if you had to be rescued.