PDA

View Full Version : Just realized I booked during "Jersey Week" please give it to me straight...

threeh
06-20-2009, 12:54 PM
How busy will it be?? An no offense to the Jersey folk, I used to work in Jersey. :thumbsup:

Altair
06-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Don't sweat it, this events effect on crowd level is very over-rated. In some past years the dates for NJ weekend and Super Soap weekend were the same, this caused some minor crowd problems.:mickey:

ravsluvdisney
06-21-2009, 11:30 AM
We are from Jersey and have been the last two years during "Jersey week". The crowds are not bad at all and the weather has been absolutely gorgeous. As long as you are not a Red Sox fan (you will see a lot of Yankee garb) you should be fine! ;)

TheRustyScupper
06-21-2009, 12:56 PM
1) The crowds are not that bad.
2) The only diffuclty is understanding the accent.

Tinkerfreak
06-25-2009, 07:58 AM
We went during Jersey week last year and loved it. We usually go last week of oct. for Halloween but decided to go a week later instead. Crowds were better, temps about the same and we met some really fun, nice people. We thought the fun Jersey folks actually added fun to the trip!:thumbsup:

Jasper
06-25-2009, 08:06 AM
The impact of this on the Disney crowds is way overrated. There are many other things that go on at Disney World that have far more impact on the crowd sizes. Go and enjoy.

Goofy Pluto
06-25-2009, 09:59 AM
When is Jersey week?

MNNHFLTX
06-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Based on information online, the New Jersey Education Association's convention (which is when all the kiddos up there are out of school is November 5-7 (Thursday-Saturday), so it's safe to say that Jersey week is considered that whole week. :mickey:

Altair
06-25-2009, 07:29 PM
How many extra flights do the airlines add to the beginning and end of this mass exodus from NJ?:blush:

CPT Trips
06-26-2009, 02:54 AM
How many extra flights do the airlines add to the beginning and end of this mass exodus from NJ?:blush:

No extra scheduled flights - that's part of the reason the crowds aren't too bad. There are some charter/package deals, but not enough to be of concern.

Just for the record, there will be more than a couple of Eagles and Phillies shirts too . . . all of NY isn't a NY suburb.

threeh
06-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Just for the record, there will be more than a couple of Eagles and Phillies shirts too . . . all of NY isn't a NY suburb.

As long as there aren't any Flyers shirts!!!:thumbsup: (just kidding)

illini
06-26-2009, 02:44 PM
We caught the tail end of it on our last trip. No issues at all. Crowds were low.

I'll also add this. Another trip it seemed everyone at WDW was from NJ and on spring break. Quite literally 90% of the people we talked to were from NJ. Between that and our Jersey Week, we've decided that we prefer to go when the NJ people are there en masse. It was amazing how nice & funny everyone was. We're always goofing off and joking around, and both times WDW was full of NJ people, we always had people to laugh with. GREAT times!

CPT Trips
06-27-2009, 01:09 AM
As long as there aren't any Flyers shirts!!!:thumbsup: (just kidding)

Yo, watch it. Don't yuppie vampire lovers want blood?

threeh
06-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I don:'t mind Flyers blood as long as it is the Penguins spilling it!!
On an off note I used to live in Bucks County, the "yo" was a perfect touch!!!

imaprincess!
06-27-2009, 01:07 PM
I've never heard of this before. Does the state of Jersey advertise to go to WDW that week or what?

faline
06-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I've never heard of this before. Does the state of Jersey advertise to go to WDW that week or what?

Generally, New Jersey schools close down for a few days around Veterans' Day. Many parents with school aged kidsin Jersey take advantage of this shutdown to get in a quick vacation to Disney without having their kids miss a ton of school. As far as I know, New Jersey does not advertise Disney or sponsor any trips to Disney.

greengeen
06-27-2009, 04:30 PM
We go every year during Jersey Week (we live in Florida).

The crowds are not bad at all but you'll see more cell phones and cigarettes than you've ever seen in a Disney Park before. Seems that NJ folk are adicted to both.

WishesFan13
06-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Threeh, i just want to say i love your location. it's great.

VolMickey
06-27-2009, 07:45 PM
There's a Jersey Week? Oooook. When's Tennessee Week?

Dsnygirl
06-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Threeh, i just want to say i love your location. it's great.
:ditto: :cloud9:

statrai
06-28-2009, 12:05 AM
I am from New Jersey and the crowds are not bad we did the rapids ride in AK 4 times in a row and did not have to go to the start of the ride to get on again. The weather was great but a little chilly when we were there two years ago. This year Monday Nov 2 is a school day, Tuesday is off for election day, Wednesday is a school day and Thursday and Friday are off for teachers conferences. The schools frown on taking the two days off that week. Two years ago our daughters teacher scheduled tests on the days there was school. Wish it could be the whole week off :(. This year we are going to DISNEYWORLD in mid August for 12 days. Less than 2 months to go YEAH!!!!:mickey:

CPT Trips
06-28-2009, 12:29 AM
We go every year during Jersey Week (we live in Florida).

The crowds are not bad at all but you'll see more cell phones and cigarettes than you've ever seen in a Disney Park before. Seems that NJ folk are adicted to both.

Yo greenie . . . check this out - http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?ind=80&cat=2
FL 17.5 % - NJ 14.7%

Looks like all y'all have a higher proportion of smokers than NJ :cool:

Bohms4
06-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Yo greenie . . . check this out - http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?ind=80&cat=2
FL 17.5 % - NJ 14.7%

Looks like all y'all have a higher proportion of smokers than NJ :cool:

Thanks CPT Trips...I was just about to respond to Greengreen! What weird observations....

Mfarquar
07-04-2009, 08:24 AM
I went during Jersey Week in 2003 and 2004, although I was not in school or have any children. It was just chance, as my cousins had time share points with Sheraton to get rid of.

I would say it was less crowded (both times) than in September or early October. My cousins and I SAT (with plenty of room around us) on the ground in front of the castle with our hot chocolates to watch the fireworks. Everyone else did the same and it had a very chill, relaxing vibe - kinda like watching 4th of July fireworks in a town Walt fashioned Main Street after!