PDA

View Full Version : Adult Beverage-Anyone?

nicster
06-20-2009, 11:19 AM
What is your favorite adult beverage at WDW & where?:marg:

DNS
06-20-2009, 12:18 PM
I love the margaritas outside Mexico at Epcot.

KathyMJ
06-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Pina Colada from the Tambu Lounge :papple:
Haven't found a place yet, that can compare!!

Wrigley
06-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Definately a frozen margarita from Cantina de San Angel in Mexico at Epcot!:marg: Yummy and refreshing!:mickey:

Madame Leona
06-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I like the Turtle Krawl at Olivia's.

4boysmom
06-20-2009, 02:37 PM
I love the rum runners at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Really refreshing on a hot day.:thumbsup:

KAT1811
06-20-2009, 05:10 PM
I love the margaritas outside Mexico at Epcot.

:ditto: :marg:

I was pregnant on our last trip but am really looking forward to one this year! :marg:

What about if they made a Dole Whip adult beverage? They could have it in WS right when you crossover the bridge into the back half of WS.

tinksmom02
06-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Questions like this always make me sound like I have a drinking problem :blush:

Margaritas :marg: in Mexico
Lapu Lapu :papple: at the Poly
Sunken Treasure (can be found at a bunch of resorts)
China has this frozen Peach Schnapps Tea thing that's really good
Grey Goose Slush in France
Sultan's Colada in Mexico
There's a small bar behind I think the Studo Catering Co. in DHS that has pretty decent :marg:

steamboat willy
06-20-2009, 05:32 PM
COLD :beer: by our Resort Pool.:vacation:

Seasonscraps
06-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Miss Melody Colada at POR (melon flavored pina colada) followed very closely by....

COLD :beer: by our Resort Pool.:vacation:

PixieMagic
06-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Lapu Lapu's at OHana!:papple:

Aggie97
06-20-2009, 10:47 PM
My favorites are a Grey Goose Slush at the Epcot France pavilion and a Lapu Lapu or pina colada at the Polynesian's Tambu Lounge. :papple:

Donald's Girl
06-20-2009, 10:51 PM
The Fiesta Margarita from Mexico; and by the time I finish it I'm getting pretty close to France--guess I need one of those Grand Marnier Slushes too!

Gregandmel
06-21-2009, 09:30 AM
The Lapu Lapu at Poly. Not sure if I think it's the "best drink ever made" but there is something about being at the Poly and having this beautiful yummy drink that makes me all warm & fuzzy! (Or maybe it's the drink itself):papple:

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Italian Margarita in Italy.

passholderryan
06-22-2009, 01:08 PM
The tangerine cocktails from Morocco were the best until they changed them about a year ago. Now they make them with a frozen slushie mix.
There is something about a pint of Bass or Harp from the Pub in the United Kingdom that makes it taste better, especially while watching The British Invasion or Off Kilter !!!!!!!!

IloveDisney71
06-25-2009, 02:50 PM
The Lapu Lapu is served in a pineapple - I got mine at Ohana - Poly resort. Yummy!:papple:
The margaritas that you can purchase at the little stand outside of "Mexico" in Epcot are also very good. :marg:

big blue and hairy
06-25-2009, 03:01 PM
COLD :beer: by our Resort Pool.:vacation:That's a very good one. Also cold Dos Equis, waiting for Illuminations at the Cantina...

:sulley:

pandkx3
06-25-2009, 03:16 PM
the grey goose slush from France:marg:

pox24
06-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Grand Marnier Orange Slush in France with a Vanilla ice cream sugar crepe. :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
06-25-2009, 06:13 PM
I enjoy a :beer: cold, like steamboat willie mentioned.
Except I'll have mine at the Germany Pavillion.

DVC2004
06-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Husband likes a Lapu Lapu at the Poly.

I love the champagne at the little kiosk in France and the margaritas from the Mexico stand.

DadTriton
06-25-2009, 07:17 PM
No.10 Martini at the Brown Derby.
This is also my favorite restaurant.

TikiLounger
06-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Lol...I saw the title of this thread and ran here as fast as I could. Yes, I would love an adult beverage. Make mine a Feista Margarita (or several) :marg:in Epcot!

KAT1811
06-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Okay I'll be so bold as to say that my favorite "adult beverage" is any adult beverage I have while vacationing in WDW!

Checkers
06-26-2009, 08:44 PM
the grey goose slush from France:marg:

Yes! My very favorite, too!:mickey:

Tinkermom
06-28-2009, 03:36 PM
No.10 Martini at the Brown Derby.
This is also my favorite restaurant.

Oooooo, what is that? I love martini's and we are eating lunch at the Brown Derby in 2 weeks! :)

nicster
06-28-2009, 11:19 PM
:marg:Okay, let me see if I have it right;
Margaritas outside Mexico at Epcot
Pina Colada from the Tambu Lounge
Frozen margarita from Cantina de San Angel in Mexico
Turtle Krawl at Olivia's
Rum runners from water parks
Lapu Lapu at the Poly
Sunken Treasure
China has this frozen Peach Schnapps Tea thing
Studio Catering Co in DHS martini
Beer at the resort
Miss Melody Colada at POR
Pina colada at Polynesian's Tambu Lounge
Grand Marnier Slushes
Italian Margarita in Italy
Pint of Bass or Harp from the Pub in the United Kingdom
Cold Dos Equis
No.10 Martini at the Brown Derby

Have I forgotten anything?:wave:

mattandmandy
06-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Dawa Bar in Harambe Village in Animal Kingdom. Stopped there for the first time our last trip and had the yummiest drink ever at WDW. Don't remember what drink it was but it was fruity! Bartender wasn't stingy on the liquor either!!:blush:

KAT1811
06-29-2009, 06:34 AM
You could add Coronado Springs sangria

DisneyOtaku
06-29-2009, 09:45 AM
What about if they made a Dole Whip adult beverage? They could have it in WS right when you crossover the bridge into the back half of WS.

Or at the Poly would be great! Drinking one of those on the beach looking at the castle....:cloud9:

DisneyOtaku
06-29-2009, 09:47 AM
I've only been of age to drink for one of my Disney trips, and I am very picky about my drinks, but I'm telling you, the ameratto sour I had at the POP Century was the best one I have EVER had. :thumbsup:

steamboat willy
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM
That's a very good one. Also cold Dos Equis, waiting for Illuminations at the Cantina...

:sulley:

OK, I'll have one of those too!

mattandmandy
06-29-2009, 01:49 PM
:marg:Okay, let me see if I have it right;
Turtle Krawl at Olivia's
Lapu Lapu at the Poly
Sunken Treasure
Beer at the resort
Grand Marnier Slushes
Cold Dos Equis

Have I forgotten anything?:wave:

Good topic nicster> will definately have to take this list with me on our next trip. :mickey:

GrumpySue
06-29-2009, 03:05 PM
The tangerine cocktails from Morocco were the best until they changed them about a year ago. Now they make them with a frozen slushie mix.
There is something about a pint of Bass or Harp from the Pub in the United Kingdom that makes it taste better, especially while watching The British Invasion or Off Kilter !!!!!!!!

My husband and I are so with you on this !! A cold Bass Ale while watching either of these bands is something we do many times every trip. Why does it taste soooooo much better there ??

Also, the best margaritas are at the Margarita Shack in Downtown Disney. Another do not miss drink. :marg:

Bamf1000
06-29-2009, 03:13 PM
:D
The Lapu Lapu at the Polynesian makes you feel Lapu Lapu :D, I love those, also the Grand Marnier Slushes and the Margaritas in Mexico and :stop: no I don't have a drinking problem LOL oh and I really need to try one of the Grey Goose Slushes !!!

Crow
06-29-2009, 11:06 PM
most of my favs in Epcot
Fiesta Margarita in Mexico
the slushies in China
SAKE in JAPAN:number1:
wine in France, or Kir Royal
:beer:in the Rose and Crown
otherwise
drinks by pool bars at the resorts
the lounge in WL
others i dont recall offhand

jakeybake
06-30-2009, 04:42 PM
A frozen Mango Margarita from Cantina de San Angel right in the heart of the Mexico Pavillion.

I am far from a drinker but I had one on my trip down in December while walking around WS one night waiting for Illuminations to start and I have been hooked ever since.

We always stay at the BC so each night I take a stroll over to WS and casually walk around with one in my hand eagerly anticipating the start of Illuminations.

Like I said, I am far from what folks would consider a "drinker" so one is my limit. I'm such a lightweight!!

Jay

Tinkerbellfan
06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Lapu Lapu at the Poly
Expresso Martinis at Artist Point and the bar area at WL
Citrus Martini at Citricois

irish1967
07-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Okay I'll be so bold as to say that my favorite "adult beverage" is any adult beverage I have while vacationing in WDW!

I am definitely with Kat!

But - one of the bar tenders in the Swan makes a great Manhatten!

Daddy Mouse
07-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Questions like this always make me sound like I have a drinking problem :blush:

Originally Posted by nicster
Okay, let me see if I have it right;
Turtle Krawl at Olivia's
Lapu Lapu at the Poly
Sunken Treasure
Beer at the resort
Grand Marnier Slushes
Cold Dos Equis

I don't think you have a problem unless you can't visit the countries while at EPCOT.:D

epceddie
07-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I had a wonderful drink at Raglan Road (can't remember the name of it though) made of blueberry acai vodka, blue curacao and pineapple juice.
We also like to go to the bar at the House of Blues and have the great bartenders make something for us with rum.

nicster
07-02-2009, 07:50 PM
I had a wonderful drink at Raglan Road (can't remember the name of it though) made of blueberry acai vodka, blue curacao and pineapple juice.
We also like to go to the bar at the House of Blues and have the great bartenders make something for us with rum.
Hummmm-I will have to got to Raglan Road & try everything blue...:blush:

TinkerBeth
07-02-2009, 08:09 PM
out of curiosity what is in the Lapu Lapu? the alcohol doesn't bother me but I just want to make sure there's no Mango (allergic to it...)

nicster
07-02-2009, 10:38 PM
I too was curious, so I did the research.
Lapu Lapu is made up of Myers rum and tropical juices served in a pineapple and topped with Bacardi 151. Now, what 'tropical juices' consists of, I have no idea. You may have to ask your server. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying to my hearts content:minnie:

BigBaloo
07-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Love having beer at either the Biergarten or outside at Sommerfest :beer: Prost

We also liked having a cocktail from our "Uncle's bar" at the 50's Prime Time

epceddie
07-04-2009, 01:08 AM
nicster,

The day I tried my drink at Raglan Road marked the first time it was on the menu. Hopefully it will become popular, because I'd love to have another one when we return to the World in November.

nicster
07-04-2009, 10:34 AM
nicster,

The day I tried my drink at Raglan Road marked the first time it was on the menu. Hopefully it will become popular, because I'd love to have another one when we return to the World in November.
epceddie,
I'll report back on this thread after Oct 1st

maxrebo77
07-04-2009, 02:39 PM
sake at Japan. They used to know me on sight at the Matsu No Ma (in a good way)
a Bass Ale while watching Off Kilter is a must. This is also what in consider my Vacation beer.
The best Rum Runner I have come across is at that little place on the water in DD. I forget the name (like I said good Rum Runner:) You would walk past it on your way though Market Place heading toward Capt. Jack's.
If you are a fan of sambuca, they do it the traditonal way with coffee beans at Tutto.
I have also become a fan of the Safari Amber.

grumpypima
07-05-2009, 04:53 PM
You could add Coronado Springs sangria :thumbsup:

We like to grab a cold :beer: from the pool bar & grill at Coronado Springs Resort at sunset and walk the resort. It is absolutely beautiful that time of day.

kemps@wdw
07-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Dirty Banana @ the Trout Pass Bar, poolside @ the WL. :tasty:

MICKEYMOUSE
07-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I agree - lots of choices across the World. I enjoy sitting on the Boardwalk on a late summer night sipping a Sweet Magnolia Brown Ale from Big River Grille.

LauraByTheSea
07-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Grey Goose Slush, huh? Is it sweet? May have to try that... :thumbsup:

AmandaChan
07-12-2009, 07:01 PM
A frosty glass of Tucher at Raglan Road. :beer:

DH would have to go with the Funmeister (although its not on the DTD menu anymore).

Phantod
08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Hmm. I don't know if I can average 2 of those different drinks each day, along with all of the wine tasting when we're at Epcot...but it might sure be fun to try:party:

cmshelton1979
08-04-2009, 11:32 PM
No one has said it, the unlimited Bud Light at Spirit of Aloha.....

I haven't really had many alcoholic drinks at DW besides Bud Light. Its what I drink at home, and I have stuck with what I know lol.

I do love me a good margarita though, and next trip I will be sure to try one down there.

PoohnTink
08-05-2009, 07:39 AM
My favorite is the Pomegranett marguerita at Narcoosee's:thumbsup:

nicster
08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
My favorite is the Pomegranate margarita at Narcoosee's:thumbsup:

Definitely worth a try.... or two?

PittFan
08-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Definately a frozen margarita from Cantina de San Angel in Mexico at Epcot!:marg: Yummy and refreshing!:mickey:

:ditto:

nicster
09-09-2009, 06:53 PM
I think I need to add the tequila tastings to my list... 11 days and counting down

cather74
09-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Love to drink around the world at EPCOT and take pics wearing a hat in each country. ( pics much funnir towards the end of the trip!) Margarita is always my favorite!!:marg:

nicster
09-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Love to drink around the world at EPCOT and take pics wearing a hat in each country. ( pics much funnir towards the end of the trip!) Margarita is always my favorite!!:marg:
oohhh, a hat per drink... Sombrero for a Margarita... what goes with a Grey Goose Slush?

Phantod
09-09-2009, 09:42 PM
oohhh, a hat per drink... Sombrero for a Margarita... what goes with a Grey Goose Slush?

I'm thinking a Donald Duck bill hat would go with that.

:donald:

stitchaholic
09-10-2009, 06:40 AM
i like the pina colada's at the ohana dinner show

what is a "turtle crawl"?

Iluvpooh
09-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Tangerine Daquiri at WS/EPCOT.

Iluvpooh
09-10-2009, 10:25 PM
i like the pina colada's at the ohana dinner show

what is a "turtle crawl"?
A fantastic tropical rum drink from Olivia's at OKW. Rum & coconut rum with pineapple, orange, & lime juice. I actually make these at home sometimes. PM if you would like the recipe.

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-11-2009, 07:36 PM
We love the authentic German beer in the Beirgarten.
They are HUGE and by the time you get done with one of them you are likely to be singing along with the Ompa Band.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

MistressGracey
09-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Believe it or not, I had a DELICIOUS frozen daiquiri from the pool bar at Pop Century...it came in a keepsake cup (albeit plastic) and set me back 8 bucks...but it sure was nice sippin' it poolside at the Hippy Dippy...:cloud9:

nicster
09-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Believe it or not, I had a DELICIOUS frozen daiquiri from the pool bar at Pop Century...it came in a keepsake cup (albeit plastic) and set me back 8 bucks...but it sure was nice sippin' it poolside at the Hippy Dippy...:cloud9:
YUM! I can almost taste it....

Simba's Mom
09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Mud Slide, made with ice cream, at "Gurgling Suitcase" at OKW. Best eaten with a spoon, great for ice cream fans and chocoholics.

SBETigg
09-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Grey Goose Slush, huh? Is it sweet? May have to try that... :thumbsup:

It's not overly sweet, no. Iced lemon flavor, somewhat? Not too tart or sweet, really good.

I also like the Lapu Lapu, the fiesta margaritas, and the mango margaritas in the San Angel Inn, with real pureed mango and not the same as the iced flavored one outside.

nicster
09-12-2009, 04:15 PM
It's not overly sweet, no. Iced lemon flavor, somewhat? Not too tart or sweet, really good.

I also like the Lapu Lapu, the fiesta margaritas, and the mango margaritas in the San Angel Inn, with real pureed mango and not the same as the iced flavored one outside.
I didn't know there was a difference between the ones served inside & outside, thanks!