PDA

View Full Version : Princess Exhibit

Daddy Mouse
06-20-2009, 10:36 AM
The People’s Princess” will be held at Downtown Disney West Side adjacent to Disney Quest. Tickets may be purchased at the exhibit – $14.50 (ages 10 and above), $5 (ages 3-9). The exhibition will be through Nov. 30, 2009. Hours are 11 a.m.-11 p.m. daily. The question is will you attend.

DizneyFreak2002
06-20-2009, 11:56 AM
There is no way I'd go see this exhibit.. Not because I don't respect Princess Diana and all she did... She was a wodnerful person... I just don't have any interest in seeing her gowns...

g8rgirl29
06-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Sure, If it were included in my water parks and more tickets. Or if say they were clear as to how much of the proceeds would go to The People’s Princess Charitable Foundation.

kakn7294
06-20-2009, 02:27 PM
I voted no but I really don't like the wording of the question. If this were somewhere other than WDW, I might consider it. I've never been a fan of Diana but respect her status and the work she did. However, I'm not going to pay that much and I'm not going to take the time from my hard-earned Disney trip to go.

Lakin
06-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I would see it if it were included in my waterparks and more option, but I am not going to pay extra money just to see it.

Anyway, why put it in Downtown Disney? Very random theming match, if you ask me. Why not put it somewhere like EPCOT?

DizneyFreak2002
06-20-2009, 03:14 PM
I would see it if it were included in my waterparks and more option, but I am not going to pay extra money just to see it.

Anyway, why put it in Downtown Disney? Very random theming match, if you ask me. Why not put it somewhere like EPCOT?

Cause Downtown Disney, more apporpriately, Pleasure Island, is dying... PI is actualy dead... Disney's plan of getting 3rd parties to open stores and restaurants has failed due to the economy... Kinda... City Walk is full of 3rd party vendors and it hasn't been killed... TDO wanted to kill off Pleasure Island.. They succeeded... Now, with the economy being in shambles and no rebound in sight, 3rd party vendors refuse to expand their business, leaving PI dead...

beksy
06-20-2009, 11:39 PM
We are not only paying money to see it but are planning an extra trip to see it. My mom is/was a HUGE fan and went crazy when she heard about this so we are going to go in late October to also try out the MNSSHP and I got a pin for free dining for that period which helps. With my school schedule we can leave on Wednesday and come back on Monday giving us enough of a taste of the parks to look forward to Dec/Jan even more! :mickey:

Kathy Jetson
06-21-2009, 01:59 AM
We will be at DTD during this time but this is not something I would pay for. Also ds has no interest in looking at cloths. We will be to busy doing Disney things.

Live4WDW
06-21-2009, 08:17 AM
:mickey: I don't know. My DW and I are coming in late Sept for 4 days, arriving on the 26th, in the late afternoon.We might do this. I have always had a great deal of respect for Princess Diana, and her passing was a loss for many. While I can say, I am not really interested in seeing the gowns, hopefully some of the other items about her will be on hand.:mickey:

TennesseeTink
06-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Sure, If it were included in my water parks and more tickets. Or if say they were clear as to how much of the proceeds would go to The People’s Princess Charitable Foundation.

I'm not positive about this particular exhibit but when the foundation released a coffee table book a couple years ago, 100% of the proceeds went to the charity. According to the website of the charity, the proceeds from this exhibit will be used to maintain Kensington Palace, which is now a museum linked to Diana's charities.

clou1028
06-21-2009, 11:43 AM
I am not sure if I will or not. I'd like to and I am sure I would enjoy it, I just don't know if I will make time for it.

d_m_n_n
06-21-2009, 02:05 PM
I would LOVE to see this, but we can't move our trip up the 2 weeks necessary. I went to see the exhibit in Dayton a couple of years ago and it was absolutely amazing...almost chilling to a fan of Diana (I think I stared for an hour at her wedding gown...the TV didn't do it justice!). Even though it is looking at gowns, for the individual that followed her, it is much more. I don't remember what the cost was at Dayton, but I'm thinking it was more than this...worth every penny!! :)

5 Mousekteers
06-21-2009, 03:30 PM
I am not going to pay extra $$ to see her gowns. I have no interest in the clothes that she wore. I go to WDW to enjoy the parks and Disney attractions.

yjgirl32
06-21-2009, 03:58 PM
I probably one of the only ones, but I will pay and go see it. I have always been a fan. I like the idea of some of the money going to charity too.

Darbylew
06-21-2009, 06:16 PM
We would love to see it but I feel that the
admission is a little high. I am not sure that we
will pay that much but then again we might. We
will be there during the time period that it is
there.

tinksmom02
06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
This is not something I would put on my Disney to-do list. I respected Diana as much as anyone else, but I have no interest in seeing her gowns.

Daddy Mouse
06-29-2009, 03:58 PM
One reason I asked put this poll on was to see the different opinions people have. I have no desire to see the exhibit and wouldn't be caught dead there. My DW would really like to see this.

The flip side of this for us, is I want to ride the balloon at DTD DW has no desire for that. She'll probably go see the exhibit and I'll do the balloon ride.

eas423
06-29-2009, 04:44 PM
I was very excited to read about the exhibit and plan to try and cram it in our trip (although I will go alone, not going to make DH and DD go).

Is there an end date published? Or hours of operation?

TennesseeTink
06-29-2009, 05:08 PM
The exhibition will run through Nov. 30, 2009. Hours are 11 a.m.-11 p.m. daily.

I'm very excited about the exhibit. My sister and I will definitely go see it on our October trip.