PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom

Maleficent's Dad
06-20-2009, 10:22 AM
I read about this on another (reliable) site:

See press release below (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1908467&postcount=8).

kakn7294
06-20-2009, 02:24 PM
I saw that too. I'm interested in hearing some reviews. DH is considering it for our trip in July - you mention "dessert" and "buffet" in the same sentence and he's all for it!

BMan62
06-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Definitely going to have to check into this one for our September trip!! We tend to watch Wishes from the lower patio of The Plaza Restaurant. Seeing Tinkerbell coming straight at you is really neat.

mouseketeer mom
06-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I like this!!:thumbsup:

BMan62
06-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I just went to the original posting -- The OP neglected to mention that this only runs from June 23 to August 28.

It will be long done before we get there! I got all excited over nothing.

crltkcagle
06-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Oh darn well hopefully we will hear some reviews from people who will be there at that time.

prttynpnk
06-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Maybe popularity will kep it running....it csounds great!

Carol
06-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Here is the press release from Disney.

Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party Starts June 23rd

Guests are invited to a new nightly celebration at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station that includes a dessert party and exclusive viewing of Wishes nighttime spectacular.

This brand new experience starts Tuesday, June 23, and will be available all summer long through August 28, 2009. The Fireworks Dessert Party will open nightly to Guests one hour prior to the nighttime spectacular and includes a self-service buffet featuring a wide range of sweets and beverages. Offerings for Guests with special dietary needs will be available.

Guests are encouraged to call (407) WDW-DINE to make reservations. Reservations will be accepted beginning Monday, June 22. Reservations are not required but are highly recommended due to the anticipated popularity of this experience. Seating is limited. Space permitting, seating for walk-ups may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

The price for this experience is $17.99 for Guests ages 10 and over and $9.99 for Guests ages 3 - 9. Park admission to Magic Kingdom Park is required. The Disney Dining Plan is not currently being accepted. Prepayment will be required reserving seats for this event in advance.

Pally
06-21-2009, 02:51 PM
We are going to try and get a booking. I was wondering if this can be done in the on-line bookings. I was just there and the site is down right now. I want to change my dining reservation for that night just slightly earlier.:mickey:

pluto 77
06-21-2009, 03:05 PM
I really hope they decide to continue this cause we arent going until Oct and would love to try this. We did a special reserved seating dessert buffet for Fantasmic when we were in DL a few years ago and it was great!

ElenitaB
06-21-2009, 08:33 PM
We are going to try and get a booking. I was wondering if this can be done in the on-line bookings.
I checked online last night and this event is not listed...what was listed though was a buffet at Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace for selected nights throughout the summer (like one night a week). They didn't list hours though.

CaptSmee
06-21-2009, 09:57 PM
I've watched them from there before, and unless your in the 1st two rows of tables the view is awful.

IamBelle
06-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Today's the first day, anybody planning to go?

Pally
06-23-2009, 07:51 PM
We are going to try and get a booking. I was wondering if this can be done in the on-line bookings. I was just there and the site is down right now. I want to change my dining reservation for that night just slightly earlier.:mickey:

I booked this for the 27th of August. I was able to change my dining reservation for 1900 Park Fare today to an earlier booking. I had been trying to change it for the last two days. I was so happy to see this was available earlier today because it is booked the whole time we there. So I recommend keep trying for what you want. You might just get it.

I checked online last night and this event is not listed...what was listed though was a buffet at Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace for selected nights throughout the summer (like one night a week). They didn't list hours though.

When I called Disney yesterday to book the CM did not know about the event. She had to put me on hold for a couple of minutes. When she came back she had the info. It is at the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrance starting one hour prior to Wishes.:mickey:

dmbkjb
06-23-2009, 08:45 PM
I am disappointed by this news. This is our favorite spot to watch the fireworks b/c we have a great view of Tink flying over our heads. I suspect that Disney thinks they can turn this spot into another money-making opportunity. It's already expensive enough to go on a Disney vaca without all the nickle and diming.:(

*Liz*
06-23-2009, 08:54 PM
We'll be there on August 10th! :thumbsup:

Live4WDW
06-23-2009, 10:15 PM
:mickey: Bring it on! It would be great to do that! A Dessert party. I would gladly pay $17.99 to do that and watch the fireworks too. Mainly the dessert though:eat: If they could extend it to the end of September, I would definitely go. Whoever goes, come back by and let us know how it is. Thanks:mickey:

badkitty
06-24-2009, 12:13 AM
I've watched them from there before, and unless your in the 1st two rows of tables the view is awful.

This concerns me. I haven't watched from that location before but thought this would be a great thing to do with some first-timers. I wonder how many "seats" Disney is selling. I hope we get a report of the event soon!

5togetherWDW
06-24-2009, 08:14 AM
The dessert party sounds fun -- but it gives me one concern . . . will they be blocking off the area? I'm sure the seating will be for paying party-goers only, but I'm thinking of the walking path through the restaurant -- over to the bathrooms. If they try for crowd control -- and send people around, that would mean navigating the crowds on Main Street to get to those bathrooms . . . ..
While I'd enjoy doing the party, it would only be something we could do once in a trip -- using the potties, though . . . .

casey@bat
06-24-2009, 09:19 PM
I am disappointed by this news. This is our favorite spot to watch the fireworks b/c we have a great view of Tink flying over our heads. I suspect that Disney thinks they can turn this spot into another money-making opportunity. It's already expensive enough to go on a Disney vaca without all the nickle and diming.:(

I agree. We get there about an hour to an hour and a half before and sit right under the wire where Tink flies. To do that now it would cost my family 5 X $17.99 plus $9.99. We somtimes get an ice cream and wait for Tink. Much cheaper than what they are offering now.

I guess the good thing is that it is only certain nights so if you don't want to do it but you want to sit there, then you could plan it on an off night.

TheRustyScupper
06-25-2009, 09:03 AM
I guess the good thing is that it is only certain nights so if you don't want to do it but you want to sit there, then you could plan it on an off night.

I thought it was EVERY night during the offering period.

Goes4FastPass
06-25-2009, 01:27 PM

I too find this development a little distressing. The best Illuminations places are slowly being converted into pay extra grand gatheringand corporate spaces. This new experience will cost a family of 4 $56. If this succeeds, next summer WDW will proudly announce a premium tier covering the best seats on the patio and including a light up Tinkerbell wand so you can wave to her as she flys over.

BMan62
06-25-2009, 02:09 PM
I too find this development a little distressing. The best Illuminations places are slowly being converted into pay extra grand gatheringand corporate spaces. This new experience will cost a family of 4 $56. If this succeeds, next summer WDW will proudly announce a premium tier covering the best seats on the patio and including a light up Tinkerbell wand so you can wave to her as she flys over.

Don't give them any ideas!! :thedolls: :D

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
06-25-2009, 02:21 PM
We just got reservations for Tuesday, July 14th. This is something my family would do even if we couldn't watch Wishes....we are dessert fiends. :thedolls: We're having lunch that day at Coral Reef and will likely skip dinner so we can eat our fill of yummy looking desserts. Evidently, you get a wrist band to show you're a part of the buffet and you can watch Wishes (and Spectro if it happens to be going that night) from the Terrace standing at the rail or anywhere along there. I saw pictures someone posted on another site of the buffet and it looked amazing...and neverending. :clappy: :eat: :clappy:

casey@bat
06-25-2009, 04:43 PM
I thought it was EVERY night during the offering period.

My bad. I don't know why I thought that. But maybe they should consider only offering it on certain nights.

Live4WDW
06-25-2009, 07:37 PM
:mickey: Well for my wife and I, we think it is wonderful. We just switched our September vacation over to late August to take advantage of the dessert party, and I must tell you I was sort of worried when no reservations were available from the 25th thru the 28th of Aug. However the CM did have one available for the night of the 24th.:D YAY! My tastbuds are celebrating already. Where can you find so many different desserts to sample at once. I saw some pics of this party and of some of the desserts at another board and they look DD (Dreamy & Delicious). Good luck on those wanting to attend, hope you find an opening.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I wonder if you can actually sit to watch Wishes or if the masses all run to the railings and there is a mob in front of you?