PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys - pros and cons

dreaming of wdw
06-19-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm thinking about booking through MJ and would love to hear from those that have used them before. Is it true they will adjust your booking if a discount is released prior to your trip?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-19-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm a huge Magical Journeys fan, and you'll find a lot of us here on the boards.

Yep, MJ will rebook your package at the lower rate if they can (or let you know what alternatives are available). They are so patient, and will answer a million questions for you.

I've always booked everything on my own, but we go back to MJ year after year.

disneymom15
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM
They're great. All "pros" no "cons" in my opinion.

Strmchsr
06-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Magical Journeys is awesome. Just do a search and you'll find tons of threads supporting them.

The only "con" is that you can't look up your own reservation on the WDW website if you want to, but that's the case booking through anyone other than directly through Disney. Not really a "con" in my opinion as Wendy takes care of anything I need, but it was the only potentially negative thing I could think of going through MJ. Everything else is fantastic.

kakn7294
06-19-2009, 05:30 PM
I have to agree with Chris. The only con is that you are not in control of your reservation - BUT they will bend over backwards to see that all your needs are met. Karen was awesome at forwarding any paperwork she got regarding our trip to us by e-mail last year. We got all the same treatment that we would had we booked directly with Disney but with none of the work!

PirateLover
06-19-2009, 05:36 PM
We are on our 5th trip working with Debbie and were able to access online info using MJ's phone number. For example, we just booked a few nights in the Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon room next June, and we signed up for the Registry using the confirmation number and MJ's phone number. We had no issues using our personal info for online check in. I can think of no other potential cons, they are wonderful people.

iheartdisney
06-19-2009, 05:45 PM
I can't think of a single con - even "not having control of your reservation" isn't much of a con for me since I'm able to contact Debbie (she's awesome!) through email any time I have a question or want to make a change with my reservation. So essentially, I AM controling my reservation. She is so quick to respond to me there have been times when I felt as if we were instant messaging! MJ is all pro, all the way!

AuntDJ
06-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Pros are all I have too! Karen is the best!! Last trip I got an email pin less and 3 weeks before my trip...I really thought I was too late to have any discounts apply but NOOO, she swooped right and and got a refund to my credit card!!

I am now on my 5th trip with Karen and I can't imagine why I would want to use anyone else, including booking for myself!

DJ

faline
06-19-2009, 05:54 PM
In my opinion, Magical Journeys is all pros and no cons! You won't be sorry you've used them and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner! And, yes, they do keep track of your reservation and apply any discounts that may apply to you! I don't know of any other travel agents that will do that for you (unless the travel agent is your mom)!

scoot241
06-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Magical Journeys is awesome. Just do a search and you'll find tons of threads supporting them.

The only "con" is that you can't look up your own reservation on the WDW website if you want to, but that's the case booking through anyone other than directly through Disney. Not really a "con" in my opinion as Wendy takes care of anything I need, but it was the only potentially negative thing I could think of going through MJ. Everything else is fantastic.

I found out about this today... if you want to see your resort reservation online, go here:
www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest (http://www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest)

dmallan
06-19-2009, 06:18 PM
I found out about this today... if you want to see your resort reservation online, go here:
www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest (http://www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest)

Wow! So, if they can retrieve that information why can't we book 90 + 10 ADRs?

scoot241
06-19-2009, 06:27 PM

Good question...

deedeebee
06-19-2009, 06:30 PM
They're great. All "pros" no "cons" in my opinion.
This is just my opinion, but there are pros and cons to everything. MJ does have a good bit of pros such as them working the system for you and if a lower price does happen they will try to get it for you. One of the cons is that you can't go on to the Disney web site and pull up your ressie, which I like to do. We have found that we can go right to the source and get everything we need.:thumbsup:

Zippy 1
06-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Only "pros" from us on MJ!! It was so much easier to let hem take of everything on our last trip. If I had a question all I had to do was pick up the phone or send off an e-mail. Can't get much easier than that.:mickey:

ryobi88
06-19-2009, 07:24 PM
magical journeys is all i have used for my trips to disney....Wendy:thumbsup: has taken GREAT care of all our wants and needs every time we went to wdw i have no cons to report. :thumbsup:

Mammabruski
06-19-2009, 07:29 PM
My DM has booked all our recent trips with MJ... and been able to book ADR's at 90 days + 10... I didn't realize there was an issue with this. :confused:

Strmchsr
06-19-2009, 07:29 PM

According to Nanci at MJ it's a glitch in the system that WDW is working to fix. Hopefully it will be soon.

d_m_n_n
06-19-2009, 08:00 PM
In my opinion, Magical Journeys is all pros and no cons! You won't be sorry you've used them and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner! And, yes, they do keep track of your reservation and apply any discounts that may apply to you! I don't know of any other travel agents that will do that for you (unless the travel agent is your mom)!

:ditto:

Oh, except you don't get to wait on hold and listen to the messages/music waiting for Disney Reservation!

faline
06-19-2009, 08:09 PM
:ditto:

Oh, except you don't get to wait on hold and listen to the messages/music waiting for Disney Reservation!

Very true! So here's yet another PRO!

dreaming of wdw
06-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Thank you all for the feedback! I'm a little confused about ADRs though. Will I still be able to book 90 + 10 with an MJ reservation?

scoot241
06-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Thank you all for the feedback! I'm a little confused about ADRs though. Will I still be able to book 90 + 10 with an MJ reservation?

If you call 407-WDW-DINE, yes. Currently the online ADR system does not recognize the confirmation numbers given by any travel agent.

steamboat willy
06-20-2009, 05:03 PM
We booked again our Disney Trip with Debbie and MJ. Everything worked great. She even gave me the date for our ADR 90 + 10. I called on June 12 and got everything I wanted. Did not know about a glitch?

faline
06-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Yes you will.

dmallan
06-20-2009, 06:14 PM
We booked again our Disney Trip with Debbie and MJ. Everything worked great. She even gave me the date for our ADR 90 + 10. I called on June 12 and got everything I wanted. Did not know about a glitch?

The glitch is with the online reservation system. Calling is not a problem.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm another in favor of using MJ. I used to book all my own ressies but now it's easier to let Wendy handle it. The only exception is if I stay at the S&D but that's another story.

mickeefan
06-21-2009, 10:31 AM
MJ and Wendy rock. She has arranged all of our reservations since 2002 (10 trips) and it's 100% all pros.
I have never come close to having anything negative.

As for the 90 day ADR's we never have a problem making them.

poeticeclipse
06-22-2009, 11:10 AM
I totally recommened MJ! Wendy has been so great with answering any questions I have and she's very quick at getting back with me. I have every bit of paper work I could ever need and she sends out reminders about booking ADRs so you won't forget when to do that. MJ also has a form to fill out so they can sign you up for Magical Express transportation. It really can't get any easier.

biodtl
06-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I am not exaggerating when I say that using MJ is all pros and no cons.

I have booked myself and booked through AAA, and my experience with MJ and Wendy was a million times better than either. She was on top of everything, keeping track of discounts and saving us a bundle, as well as sending me reminders to book ADRs, and extra info about stuff going on at WDW. I will never book w/o MJ again. In fact, we are planning an Oct 10 trip and I can not wait to get in touch with Wendy and get her working on it.

Disney Doll
06-22-2009, 12:36 PM
No cons here. We've had only positive experiences. :thumbsup:

KODABEAR
06-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Today the new Disney Visa rate came out. I contacted Karen and within 30min I had new info. and choices to choose from. :mickey: I've always been able to call for reservation's the 90+ 10 without any problems. June 16th was our first day to call and I was on the phone for only 20 min and got all the res's I wanted. Only one did I need to change the time for.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-22-2009, 09:28 PM
I am not exaggerating when I say that using MJ is all pros and no cons.
Terrisue has even called to help me when she was on her own vacation!
She's the best!:rocker:

gueli
06-22-2009, 10:15 PM
I am using them for the first time for this next trip (dec 2009)
So I do not have feedback yet, other than so far so good.
I had heard so many good things about them, I figured why not give it a try.
:mickey:

beksy
06-22-2009, 11:25 PM
I use Kathy at MJs and she is great, too. I keep e-mailing her with changes and she is always very quick to respond and forward any info from Disney on to me. She even put up with my bugging her about when I could book for our upcoming New Year's Trip cheerfully (and I now know its 500 days to book the room!). For our October trip I had a couple of different pin codes and flexible dates and she was great to work out all the numbers to come up with the best deal for me. I did AAA one time and this is so much better! :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-23-2009, 12:03 PM
I use Kathy at MJs and she is great, too. I keep e-mailing her with changes and she is always very quick to respond and forward any info from Disney on to me. She even put up with my bugging her about when I could book for our upcoming New Year's Trip cheerfully (and I now know its 500 days to book the room!). For our October trip I had a couple of different pin codes and flexible dates and she was great to work out all the numbers to come up with the best deal for me. I did AAA one time and this is so much better! :mickey:

I too love Kathy! She is wonderful. I too have emailed her changes to my reservation.. resort, dates and tickets. She's so quick to change them and so sweet about doing it. She's made notes about room requests and everything. Sooo much better than going through Disney directly.

The only con I could see is the issue with the online ADR system which Disney is currently fixing.

Other than that... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
06-24-2009, 02:27 PM
All pros here too. I just logged on today (lunch time at work!) and saw that AP rates were announced for my trip. I logged into my email to find that not only had Wendy already gotten me the better rate, but had sent me my new confirm and everything already! It just doesn't get any better than that! She's so great to work with, I can't imagine going back to do it yourself trips!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: For Wendy and MJ!