PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good place to watch Wishes???

Gregandmel
06-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I know everyone wants to be in front of the castle, but is there someplace else that is a really good spot to watch it and not miss any of the neat touches??? We've never seen it, and really would like to on our next trip. Thanks!!!!:pixie:

medic9016
06-19-2009, 03:45 PM
If you get there early enough a good spot is up stairs at the train station looking down Main St.

disneymom15
06-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Our favorite spot is on the bridge going into Tommorland.

momofdisneyprincess
06-19-2009, 03:53 PM
I like waiting right outside the Main St Bakery. You can go in there for delicious cookies and yummy treats while you are waiting!

doombuggygal
06-19-2009, 04:31 PM
We try to position ourselves on the bridge to Tomorrowland under the cable that Tinkerbell flies on. I think this spot is even better than in front of the castle because you can see everything and it's really fun when :tink: flies right over your head!

StitchFan#1
06-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Um well if you absolutly need the music I love standin in the Ice cream parlor in main st. But I lvoe standin in the exit for Big Thunder and sittin on a railing

joonyer
06-19-2009, 06:42 PM
There are some niches you can find, but the best spot is right where most people are, and the reason the most people are there is because it's the best spot to view Wishes; Right in front of the castle on Main Street. I like being directly "almost under the fireworks where the Castle is in the center of my field of view. It's really how Wishes was designed to be viewed. I've seen it from many different locations, but nothing tops being on Main St. USA. I always get close to the corner where Casey's is , so we can get hot dogs while we wait for the show to start.

Now I'll tell you my second favorite spot to view Wishes, if you promise not to tell anyone else. It's in a log while riding around on the outdoor portions of Splash Mountain. True you only get to see part of the fireworks, but combining the magic of WDW's most magical ride with it's most magical show is amazing. This happened to us by accident on our first family visit to MK, and now we make sure to do it at least once every trip. Secret bonus: there is almost no line at Splash Mtn. during Wishes and if you can ride it several times with no waiting!

Shhhhhh!

wdwfan
06-19-2009, 09:52 PM
If you don't Have to see Tinker Bell (which is my favorite) stand behind Cinderella Castle. (near philharmagic. It's a totally different experience!!

RockinRollerMom
06-20-2009, 11:24 AM
If you don't Have to see Tinker Bell (which is my favorite) stand behind Cinderella Castle. (near philharmagic. It's a totally different experience!!

This is also one of our favorite spots. The fireworks are going off right over your head. But I do think that seeing Tinkerbell jump is a must do if you have never seen it before. Another favorite spot is from the viewing deck of Cali Grill.

VolMickey
06-20-2009, 11:40 AM
My favorite is on Main Street, near the Emporium. Nice views and great music, plus you can still see Tink.

spoiledraf
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Wewere behind the castle by the tea cups and I would not recommend it.

steamboat willy
06-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Here's my list both inside and outside the park. :wishes:

Main Street beside Casey's eat'n a hotdog.

Bridge to Tomorrowland waving at Tink.

:tink:

Upstairs at Train Station looking down Main Street USA.

Grassy hill beside Polynesian Beach after watching EWP.
:tikki:

Outside California Grill on roof top viewing area.

Riding across Seven Seas Lagoon on a motor launch.
:sail:

See those Wishes in 81 days, but who's counting. ;):cool:;)

teambricker04
06-21-2009, 11:52 PM
I love watching it from the Tomorrowland bridge as well. If you go early enough you can sit on a bench. If not, then there is generally plenty of room to stand and not feel overwhelmed by people. We always walk out going through TL at the end of it. Everything starts to close, but it is nice and quiet and you can take your time.