PDA

View Full Version : We are going to disney

gueli
06-18-2009, 08:52 PM
OK, so we just made plans to stay at POFQ in december (the 1st week).
My question is what are some of the best things about Port Orleans FQ?

The last time I stayed near there was back in 2000, and we stayed at Dixie landings , which of course is now PO riverside. Its been so long, so what are the cool things to do around these sister resorts ?

Thanks,
Mike
:mickey:

Tippy
06-18-2009, 10:45 PM
First off POFQ is smaller so I like that from the beginning. The theming and landscaping are very beautiful. Other things are - the pool is great, boat ride to downtown Disney, easy walk to POR to catch a horse ride and boatwrights. Also the buses pick up first at POFQ and drop off first at POFQ prior to going over to POR.

momofdisneyprincess
06-19-2009, 09:53 AM
My daughter LOVED the pool. In fact, she didn't even want to go to the parks she loved it so much. You can also pool hop to the pool at POR which is also a great pool. I was impressed with the food court at the POFQ. The beignets are just as good as everyone says they are. As the previous poster stated, it is fairly small and easy to walk around. You will really like the resort.:thumbsup:

crltkcagle
06-19-2009, 10:00 AM
This is a really fun resort and there is so much to do. You can take a boat to DD from the resort or rent a pole and go fishing. The food court is great, and you have to try some beignets in the morning. From what I hear the bar is really good at night also. (we never made it there) You made a good choice and I am sure you will have a ton of fun there.

Tinkerbella16
06-22-2009, 12:52 PM
You have made a great choice with POFQ! That is my favorite wdw resort, and I will stay there every time in the future. We were there in November 2008, and I absolutely fell in love with the place.

The resort is very small, so no matter what room you are in you are close to everything! The grounds are beautiful, the pool area is one of the best. The boat to DTD is so nice and relaxing...we never take the bus there bc we love the boat so much. The theme is so fun and the pastel colors around the resort are pretty. The entire week we were there, it never seemed crowded at all...it was always so quiet, and no one was around! The foodcourt was never crowded for breakfast, lunch or dinner either.

I really loved the rooms. They are a nice size and it was just 2 of us so it was even better not being cramped up. Mousekeeping was great the entire week. We had towel animals 3 times! You will not be dissappointed at all with POFQ.