PDA

View Full Version : "To go" options at the Boardwalk?

momofdisneyprincess
06-18-2009, 01:32 PM
We are staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in 11 months (already counting down). I was wondering what kind of take out food options are available there? My son has far from mastered the art of sitting quietly in a restaurant and it turns into a stressful situation. Do any of the restaurants like the ESPN cafe offer a take out option that we can bring to our room? Thanks!

Jillirose
06-18-2009, 01:40 PM
We stayed at the Beach Club and ate at Spoodles on the Boardwalk, excellent. I would think you should be able to order TOGO at any of the restaurants, but who knows! Consider the short walk to Hurricane Hannah's - an outside counter service restaurant near the pool at Beach Club - very kid friendly, as is the diner at the Beach Club - Beaches and Cream. Enjoy :)

lwar1072
06-18-2009, 04:46 PM
There is a pizza take out window just to the right side of the ESPN CLUB, sort of in between the bakery and Spoodles. Have used it many times; if your kids are up to it, you can order the pizza and sit at one of the tables outside on the Boardwalk and enjoy the night time activities. When we have done that, the kids will eat and get up and walk around and not bother anyone. Worst case, you order the pizza and you go up to your room!

ElenitaB
06-18-2009, 08:25 PM
The pizza window may well be closed by the time you travel to the Boardwalk, as the restaurant that offered it, is changing hands and will no longer be Spoodles.

There are several counter service options at the Boardwalk, including the Bakery (breakfast sandwiches, regular sandwiches and panninis), the various kiosks on the Boardwalk itself (not terribly nutritious food though and not the biggest of selections).

As Jillirose mentions, you can also go over the Beach Club where there are more CS offerings such as Hurricane Hannah's and the Beach Club Marketplace.

If you're on the DDP or the DxDP, you can order room service, but it counts as two TS credits.

Good luck! I feel your pain. After a restaurant disaster when my DS was 2-1/2, we didn't go back to a sit-down restaurant until he turned 5 (and that was at WDW).