PDA

View Full Version : 4 for 3? Sure, why not!? Pre-Trip Report

PirateLover
06-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Cast-
Me, Maryanne, 23
My Fiancee, John, turning 26 on trip

Dates- June 20-27

Background: John and I have been traveling to WDW together since 2004. This will be our 5th trip together. On our last trip, we became engaged. We figured we wouldn’t be back until our Disneymoon (which will be NEXT June!) :groom::bride:Then this deal came along and suckered us in, along with many other people it seems. We tried to get friends to come along with us, but everyone backed out, so it's just us two again!

We will be staying at All Star Movies in a preferred room. This is the first time there for both of us. This is also the longest trip either of us has taken as of yet- 7 full days in the parks! Yay!

We are not on a dining plan and the only reservations we have are for Coral Reef :dory:and T-Rex. We expect the crowds to be large, and the heat and humidity to be stifling on some days, so we are going to take it easy. That’s what’s nice about being veterans-you don’t have to rush around and see it all.

:plane:Our flight on Southwest leaves from Philadelphia International Airport just before 9am on Saturday morning. Some of you may have read my post in vacation planning about my fiancee’s severe flight anxiety. He went to a doctor who prescribed him some Xanax, so I guess we’ll see how that works!

As for me, the only fear I have is of SUNBURN! I have fair Lithuanian skin and burn easily, unless I gradually work up a base tan. I was going to attempt that this week (15 mins in the sun each day) but the weather gods have foiled me. We’ve been experiencing some nasty rain in our area over the past week, and even when it isn’t raining it’s completely cloudy! Guess I’ll just have to slather on that sun block!

It’s funny to look back at pictures from trips and see how my “Disney World fashion” has changed. In 2002, I was 16 and with my parents. I had somewhat stylish clothes on and wore makeup every day. I did not want to go on rides like Splash Mountain and Kali for fear of getting wet. I would not wear a poncho. If I had shorts on, I was wearing cute semi-platforms. If I had sneakers on, I had my cool pegged jean capris. I would NOT wear a hat. Fast forward to 2004, first trip with John. I was still wearing mostly cute clothes, although this time I gave into a hat-albeit a then-fashionable trucker had with a setting sun and a bird. Each trip got progressively more casual to the point where I look at one outfit I wore while drinking around the World Showcase in May 2007 (Bright blue gym style shorts with a red Evil Queen tank and backwards Phillies hat) and I cringe! So this time, the fashion will be somewhere in the middle, although I’ve finally broke down and purchased two things I swore I never would- A visor, and Crocs! I decided to go with a visor (white with a red Phillies logo) because on trips in May my head got all sweaty wearing hats and I know June will be even worse, but I need to protect my face. Also in my defense, the Crocs are a flip flop version. I hate sweaty or wet socks and sneakers, and I also have a ganglion cyst on my left foot that can get irritated by sneakers. I have been wearing the Crocs non stop for a month. I've sweat profusely, waded through rain storms, walked miles, and danced in them, and they seem to stand the test. You can also bet on Phillies shirts or screen t-shirts. Can’t wait to see how these pictures turn out.

I plan to bring my laptop so maybe for a change I will actually post daily, fully accurate trip reports, although I can’t promise anything! :geek:

One thing I can say is that after such a stressful year (first year as a full time teacher, faced every issue in the book and many NOT in the book!) this trip is very needed!!!!

See you in the parks! Ciao!

DizNee143
06-18-2009, 12:34 PM
lol..i look back at my fashion options too sometimes..and wow..what was i thinking?!? lol..
i hope you and your fiance have a wonderful time!!
cant wait to hear all about it..:mickey:

aprilisis
06-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Have a great time! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
06-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Have a Magical Vacation.:mickey:

BMan62
06-18-2009, 01:13 PM
As for me, the only fear I have is of SUNBURN! I have fair Lithuanian skin and burn easily, unless I gradually work up a base tan. I was going to attempt that this week (15 mins in the sun each day) but the weather gods have foiled me. We’ve been experiencing some nasty rain in our area over the past week, and even when it isn’t raining it’s completely cloudy! Guess I’ll just have to slather on that sun block!

Never put it together that Lithuanians had fair (i.e. easily sunburned) skin. I'm second generation Amer-Lietuva and have the same problem. I get burnt hard, specially in salt air. Although, it generally turns to a ruddy brown in a few days.

I build my base up mowing grass in the spring and summer - 1 acre takes about 3 hours, with trimming and all - and playing golf one evening a week - late sun still gives some color. Still get fried once or twice over the summer months, but never to the point of blistering.

Enjoy your Magical vacation and don't get burned!!! :D

PirateLover
06-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Never put it together that Lithuanians had fair (i.e. easily sunburned) skin. I'm second generation Amer-Lietuva and have the same problem.

:offtopic: (why does the off topic guy have to look so evil? haha) Both of my grandfathers were/are first generation, so it's the dominant nationality in my genes. Most Lithuanians are fair skinned (and supposedly fair-haired, though everyone in my fam has brown/dark brown hair). Must be that Baltic air! My brother can't get a tan at all. I can, but like I said I need to build it up through limited exposures. I spent the whole summer at a friend's shore house once and when I returned, I looked Sicilian in comparison to my family! My dad used to get a tan as a kid, my mom burns in about 5 minutes. My one grandfather was a longshoreman who always got a dark tan, but also ended up with skin cancer.

BMan62
06-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Sent you a PM so as to not hijack the thread.

yjgirl32
06-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Sounds like a great plan. I never thought about the fashion thing. Might have to look back on some of our trip. Have a great time. Can't wait to read the reports.

faline
06-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Have a wonderful time!

I'm at that stage of life where comfort far outweighs fashion! If it's comfortable and fashionable - yay! Otherwise, comfort wins!

pink
06-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Have a great trip. I can't wait to read your reports when you get back. :mickey: