PDA

View Full Version : DVC @ Boston Tonight

TinkerbellT421
06-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Well, I havent been on here in a long time, I still have to finish my trip reports from January lol. A lot has been going on in life, I will probably be on later tonight or tomorrow to finish that and post a thread with how life has been lol. BUT ANYHOW. I was wondering if any fellow intercotees will be at the DVC show in Boston tonight? (Sorry if this has already been a posted question, feel free to move) DBF and I will be there for 7! So if anyone is going send me a PM or post a reply, maybe we can get to finally meet some fellow Intercotees tonight! Hope to see some there! :thumbsup::mickey:

SFD998
06-18-2009, 05:57 PM
I will not be there tonight, but I will be there on Sunday. When you get a chance could you post how the event was. Thank you.

TinkerbellT421
06-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Ok, so we went last night and it was really funny. Basically its one of those typs of shows that you go to (I forgot what they call them) but to sell their DVC. There are some incredible deals however on money off points. They gave away some free stuff which was really cool with this guy they called the Wish Miester (spelling?) he was really funny. And they ask the audience a bunch of questions regarding vacation habits. It was entertaining. When you arrive and walk in they give away these really REALLY nice leather bound (with DVC and Mickey mouse insignia in gold on the front) business folders that have a pocket on the inside and a large notebook. I really liked that. And later on in the show they give away babyblue burberry print passtport holders made out of a really nice clothe and leather. Then later they give away DVC insignia binoculars. Then at the end of the show they tell you what the in Boston deals only are....those were really good, and they show them based on BLT, but you can also buy the same deals for SSR, and AKV. In fact at SSR (which we learned later when we went to talk to someone about adding on points) that SSR are $21.00 off a point! from what the price is now which is $112.00 a point. And thats at 100 points. The higher amount of points you buy the more money you get off each point. So for a 100 at BLT it was $16.00 off a point, at 160 its $18.00 off a point, and at 200 its $20.00 off a point, etc...I lost track after that. But the only problem is you have to put down 10% that night, or you can split that 10% in half, put half down that night, and then the other half in 30 days. Unfortunately DBF and I didn't ended up adding on even though we really wanted to. At AKV at 100 pts you get $19.00 off a point, etc..the higher in points you go the more money you get off a point. Now I wonder, I they doing this deal like having the Boston show anywhere else? Has anyone else gotten an email with them doin g a show in another city? Just curious.

SFD998
06-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the info. It is all very tempting. I still don't know what I am going to do.

rpcwjr
06-20-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm going to the DVC thing in Boston tomorrow (Sunday 6/21). I wanted to hear what they have to say even though right now I have absolutely no extra cash to invest in it. But eventually I hope to!:D

Thanks for this info. I was wondering how many people were there? Was it really crowded?

ElaineL
06-20-2009, 11:21 AM
My husband and I went to the DVC Boston event last night and had a great time--we highly recommend attending. We thoroughly enjoyed the show, dance party, and free gifts. We added on 100 points at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The incentives are excellent and worth taking advantage of. We're thrilled (and extremely lucky) to be proud DVC owners at AKL, BC, BLT, BWV, WL, & SSR. Believe in the magic! º0º

Alligirl
06-20-2009, 12:54 PM
I would love to attend this show! I hope they do one in NY, or I hope I didn't miss it here!! Although I did get an email about my upcoming trip to get a tour of BLT and a meet and greet etc. I signed up for it, I'll let you know how it is.

SFD998
06-22-2009, 08:55 AM
We went last night and as previously stated the incentives are pretty good. We ended up adding on 75 points to Animal Kingdom.

Alligirl: I believe they said during the presentation that they were in Rochester in November.

jensantuit
06-22-2009, 09:45 AM
We went yesterday at 4 and we added on 100 points to Animal Kingdom. We haven't even used our DVC yet and we're already adding on.