PDA

View Full Version : Disney property hotels not owned by Disney

DNS
06-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Of the resorts on Disney property, but not Disney owned, are any nice enough for the price to give up extra magic hours?

Best Western Lake Buena Vista
Courtyard by Marriott
DoubleTree Guest Suites Resort
Hotel Royal Plaza
Hilton Resort
Grosvenor Resort
Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa

tikiman
06-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Swan and Dolphin are nice and not Disney owned.

c&d
06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Swan and Dolphin also give you the EMH's.

MidnTPK
06-18-2009, 10:25 AM
The Hilton participates in EMHs...meaning its guests can take advantage of EMHs...it's the only DTD hotel that does.

DizneyRox
06-18-2009, 10:41 AM
In my opinion, none of the DTD are worth the price. For a similar price (at least what I say in previous years) you can get into a value, and then you not only get EMH, you also get superior transportation. The shared bus deal at DTD is a deal breaker.

tdk316
06-18-2009, 06:54 PM
We've stayed at most of those hotels due to DH's conferences and we always transfer to a WDW-owned resort after the conference is over. The "magic" just isn't there, and we've been very disappointed with the bus service the hotels offered. We've gone so far as to take a WDW bus to DTD and walk to the hotel from there instead of waiting out in a parking lot for an hour for a bus to show up. That being said, those hotels were cheaper than where we have stayed in WDW-owned resorts for similar rooms.

wdwfan
06-18-2009, 07:30 PM
The courtyard by Marriott is not there anymore!!

DNS
06-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks everyone! Sounds like Swan and Dolphin should be checked, but forget the others.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone! Sounds like Swan and Dolphin should be checked, but forget the others.

I want to say I just saw that the S&D were running a special of $119 on certain nights. PM me if you want the website I saw this on. We've stayed at these resorts many times and love them. You can't beat the location for the price. I don't think they are lacking in Disney magic either.

Daddy Mouse
06-21-2009, 05:03 PM
We've stayed at most of those hotels due to DH's conferences and we always transfer to a WDW-owned resort after the conference is over. The "magic" just isn't there, and we've been very disappointed with the bus service the hotels offered. We've gone so far as to take a WDW bus to DTD and walk to the hotel from there instead of waiting out in a parking lot for an hour for a bus to show up. That being said, those hotels were cheaper than where we have stayed in WDW-owned resorts for similar rooms.

:ditto: