PDA

View Full Version : Bus Question

Ryan Towle
06-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi, I'll be taking a trip in August, and I just have a question about the buses. I'll be staying outside of the World at the Suites at Old Town in Kissimmee, which offers complimentary bus service to MK and Epcot. When I asked the woman at the hotel, "what do I do if I want to go to DHS?", she said that I could ride the hotel's bus to MK and then take a Disney bus to DHS. How does this work? Where are they located in the MK parking lot? And how much would it cost?

tinklover
06-18-2009, 10:21 AM
You will see where the busses are as you can not miss them .If i am not mistaken the park to park busses are at the TTC and the resort busses are right near the entrance to MK. they are free no cost to you. remember you can always ask a CM where the park busses are.

Ryan Towle
06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Great, Thanks a lot!

disneymom15
06-18-2009, 10:50 AM
I think from Epcot you can take the boat to Hollywood Studios. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

wdwfansince75
06-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Another reason to stay on site!

The AK and DHS buses at the TTC are the two spots closest to the walkway to the Monorail. They are behind the Shades of Green bus. The off site hotel buses have stops in the bus parking lot at the TTC.

joelkfla
06-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Right, the outside hotel buses go to the TTC, not directly to the MK. The buses to DHS and DAK are also located at the TTC.

To get to DHS, you would not want to go to Epcot, because there is no bus from Epcot to DHS. (The boat leaves from the back of the park.) Stick with TTC.

If you're going to DAK, you can transfer from your hotel bus at either TTC or Epcot.

CleveRocks
06-20-2009, 07:48 AM
To get to DHS, you would not want to go to Epcot, because there is no bus from Epcot to DHS. (The boat leaves from the back of the park.) Is this something new??? I saw the Epcot bus stop at DHS back in February.

TikiGoddess
06-20-2009, 08:27 AM
If you can swing it, RENT A CAR. I've never heard of any offsite hotel that has good shuttle service. You will save yourself tons of time if you get your own car.

Kathy

Ryan Towle
06-20-2009, 10:55 AM
I would rent a car, but I'm only 21, and I think the age to rent one is 25. Plus I want to save some $. And thanks joelkfla, I probably would've taken the bus to Epcot thinking there was one that went from there to DHS. I'll be sure to catch a bus at MK.

mickeefan
06-20-2009, 12:34 PM
As you exit Epcot's Internatinal Gateway just off to the left is a boat landing where you can take a friendship over to DHS. It's a slow ride but enjoyable. Another option is at the end of the Boardwalk there is a path that goes all the way to DHS.