PDA

View Full Version : christmas decorations at resorts

iamgreat66
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
We will be going to disney in december and we had heard of alot of good christmas decorations at the resorts can anyone recomend a few good resorts to stop by and check out thanx alot

mickeys_princess_mom
06-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Welcome aboard! Be sure to stop by the Grand Floridian (you can take the monorail from Magic Kingdom) and see the gorgeous decorations and giant gingerbread house!:santa:

Dsnygirl
06-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I agree with PP about the GF, also take time to see AKL's big Christmas tree... we had dinner ressies at Boma one night, and came out to find a photopass photographer doing pictures in front of the tree... SO pretty! I've also heard that the WL has lovely decorations... we didn't get there, but the pictures I've seen are worth a visit!

Strmchsr
06-17-2009, 08:23 PM
All of them are worth a visit. There's a neat Gingerbread creation at Boardwalk, the Gingerbread House and big tree at GF, the awesome trees at AKL and WL, the Mardi Gras Christmas at POFQ, and so on. Every resort has its own unique Christmas flair. Obviously, the deluxe resorts are the most impressive, but I like them all.

ToDisney
06-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Last year my daughter and I went with a couple of her friends for her 17th bday, in Nov. We spent one day at MK, and 2 days touring the resorts & boardwalk. I love the Christmas decorations!
Over the past couple of years I think they have decreased the amount that they put up. But with the economy... well that seems to be the reason for everything.
Regardless they are beautiful and well worth the time to spend at different ones,
(I like to read the information about the designs too!)
HAVE FUN!!:mickey:

jnfr2424
06-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Each resort does a Gingerbread house and they each have creative Christmas trees: one year we stayed at CBR and their tree had all fruit on it Take a day to resort hop it will be well worth it!

mudpuppysmom
06-18-2009, 11:55 PM
We've gone a couple times around the holidays and it is my absolute favoriest time to go!!

DS#1 and I went alone the first time and we took a little time several days to tour the resorts....we rode the monorail one afternoon to GF, Poly and CR; the GF was AWESOME!! the tree was the tallest I think I had ever seen! The Poly was a bit boring as was the CR though. Another day we went to AKL and also had dinner there; another we went to WL to check it out and on one of our Epcot days we walked around to the BC, YC and BW. The BC has a carousel made out of chocolate and it has a bunch of HM's on it! It's fun to try to find all of them! I want to say one of the others had a great train display (I can't remember which one though). So we toured a good many of the resorts and it was fun!

This past December DH and my sister and her family were with us and we tried to drag them around, but DH was the only one who went with us and he really enjoyed the GF and BC he said.

I think if you go during this time it's nice to try to set aside a little time each day or an afternoon on a day to see what you can see resort wise in addition to the parks!

buzz2001
06-19-2009, 05:58 AM
CSR!!

Check out the pics
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/content/xmas.htm

jakeybake
06-19-2009, 12:20 PM
I went for the first time in December of '08.

I made a point to visit almost every single resort to see their decorations and was able to do so because I was solo that trip for a Disney Institute training.

It was a blast and every single resort is a must see because they are each unique to the theme of the resort.

The GF was by far the most impressive but I really loved the BC. They had beach inspired decorations on their tree and as another poster mentioned, a chocolate carousel. They also use a special, holiday scent for the lobby. The Yacht Club also did the same thing, though they move the massive lobby globe over in front of the store to make room for the tree.

My advice is to visit as many as possible with the monorail and Epcot resorts on the very top of your "must see" list.

Jay

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2009, 08:36 PM
The GF was the best but I enjoyed the Y&BC and Boardwalk as well. The Dolphin had a huge tree with a train running around it which was very nice too.

epceddie
06-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is a HM?

Lakin
06-20-2009, 11:15 PM

Most cases - Haunted Mansion. Few cases - Hannah Montana.

ransam
06-21-2009, 12:38 PM
it's not a resort, but don't miss the osborne lights at HS!

artyboy
06-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by epceddie View Post

Most cases - Haunted Mansion. Few cases - Hannah Montana.

I think that in this case they meant Hidden Mickeys:mickey:

Lakin
06-21-2009, 10:47 PM
I think that in this case they meant Hidden Mickeys:mickey:

Oh yea, that too. I wasn't paying attention to this case - I just saw that post. :D Thanks!