PDA

View Full Version : Possible Problem

Going2HeavenRU
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
I need some help with a potential problem with our upcoming trip at the end of September.

My DH and I are taking my SIL to Disney for her first time. We have already paid for the entire trip using AA (plane, Pop Century and 9 day hopper).

Here is the possible problem. She may change her mind on us and end up not going. We are doing everything we can to get her to go with us. I have a backup plan of taking my Mom in her place.

I know I will loose the plane ticket. My question is, can I have the name on the hopper ticket and hotel room (we are all in the same room) changed to my mom should my SIL not go? If I can, is there a cut off time when it is too late to have the name changed? One last question, are there any fees?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JPL
06-17-2009, 08:15 PM
You should be fine. Just call As soon as possible when you know for sure.

Strmchsr
06-17-2009, 08:24 PM
And if she cancels more than 45 days in advance you can get your money back on her.

Going2HeavenRU
06-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Thank you so much for your quick responses! I feel so much better now!

TheRustyScupper
06-17-2009, 10:47 PM
1) Names for hotel guests and tickets can be changed at check-in.
2) This is a daily occurrence.

faline
06-18-2009, 08:45 AM
You can change names on an airline ticket but it usually involves a fee. Check with American to see what they require to do this.

disneymom15
06-18-2009, 09:40 AM
We're changed the name on an airline ticket. We booked with Midwest a few years back and my daughters friend couldn't go. The change fee for Midwest was $50. All we needed was a signed statement from original passenger stating she no longer needed the ticket. It was very simply.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2009, 09:57 PM
It shouldn't be a problem to change either but as already stated, the airline will charge a fee. But I can't imagine NOT wanting to go to WDW.

Going2HeavenRU
06-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Tell me about it! The entire trip is paid for and we are throwing in spending money each day. We have given her the deadline of August 1st which will allow us to change the names before we get the tickets.

Has anyone changed a name on a Delta ticket?

MarkC
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I think I would call the airlines now and ask about changing names. I just don't think it's allowed at all anymore due to security after 9/11. You can check but I would not hold out more than about 1% hope. Just want to let you know now instead of having you find out too late. Mark

thrillme
06-22-2009, 08:13 AM
My last understanding was that you can change names on an airline ticket for a $100 fee.

The rest of the stuff is no problem. It's an adult to adult change. If it was a child to adult then there would be a bit of a cost involved becuase adult tickets cost more and I believe they charge for a 3rd adult in the room but this is not your case.