PDA

View Full Version : Smoking in DTD

marlaine
06-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Are there designated smoking sections in DownTown Disney? How about in DisneyQuest?
I know you can't smoke indoors, but just wondering if you have to leave the whole building and then re-enter at DQ.

WishingStar2006
06-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Yes, you have to leave DQ completely and go outside to smoke. As far as smoking at DTD...there are many smoking areas...just look for the trash cans with ash trays on the top...they are every where.

PetefromRI
07-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I was under the assumption that you could smoke anywhere outside in DTD.

lighteningqueen
07-13-2009, 01:22 AM
I do not think so on the smoking anywhere. There are designated spaces for that and many abuse them and do not heed to them. It makes it tough on many of us that are not smokers and cannot stand the smell. I get the worst headache from them and its getting bad in the parks. People think that that does not mean them when there are special areas for them to go to. Its for good reason to have them. Children. pregnant women. COPD and non smokers. We used to smoke lightly about 29 years ago and never realized just how bad we smelt and infringed on others.. Can you tell we are non smokers.

marlaine
07-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Smoking in designated areas shouldn't bother other people. People who do not care to be around smoke should walk around the smoking areas. The smoking areas are so few, it shouldn't be a problem for non-smokers. Every year we go to WDW, it is harder to find a place that allows smoking. MK is the hardest of the parks. There is no more smoking in any of the resort rooms.

lighteningqueen
07-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Kinda my point I was saying that people are NOT using the smoking areas and think they can walk around with them and blow all over others. On the maps there are smoking areas marked for every park. I think if they had it their way they would ban it all together for the sake of others and the CHILDREN that come to Disney. I am so very glad that we quit that in 1981. I am glad they banned it from the rooms,. It is a smell you cannot get out and is really nausiating. Like I said I am so very glad we quit. I didn't realize back then people who didn't smoke had to smell all of us that smoked back then and guess it was more fashionable but now its a health concern.I have 4 family members who died way to young from doing that very thing. Including my father I miss dearly. Not attacking you just need to vent on the people who think that smoking areas do not mean them on Disney properties

marlaine
07-13-2009, 07:57 PM
This wasn't meant to be a lecture on smoking. It was an innocent question. Period.

PetefromRI
07-13-2009, 08:48 PM
I haven't smoked in about a year and a half but when I did I always abided by the rules.My wife still smokes and she also abides by the rules but honestly we thought that DTD was different than the parks.Alot of places allow smoking in open places but not inside much like a typical town.I will make sure that she smokes in a designated area in DTD for now on if this is the case.I've also come to realize how much it smells after being off them for awhile but I kind of just live with it and stay grateful for finally being able to quit.

vws_and_disney
07-16-2009, 06:37 PM
As a smoker i kind of feel that its pointless to smoke in any of the parks. Since there are plenty of things to keep your attention off of the smoking urge. Now i know that this is a touchy subject, but remember i am a smoker, and i still feel like walking by the smoking section in MK ruins the magical fun feeling.

Marceline
07-16-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't think any of the replies have been lectures per se. Just impassioned answers. And the answer is: yep! Smoking is in designated smoking areas only, throughout the WDW resort. The rub is not everyone recognizes and/or heeds this rule, to the chagrin of those who don't enjoy breathing in smoke, unfortunately.

Everybody should take a peek at the various maps where the areas are labeled and either choose to use them or avoid them. :thumbsup:

marlaine
07-16-2009, 08:28 PM
I can honestly say that after going to WDW once a year for a week for the last 5 years, I've never smoked outside of a designated smoking area. I get a little nervous because of it from time to time, but if it gets too bad I chew some nicoret.
I really don't remember running into people in the parks who smoke outside of the areas. Most of us are pretty considerate. Especially in a place that has a lot of kids around. There will always be those who don't play by the rules. They are the ones who make it uncomfortable for everyone.

aprilisis
07-17-2009, 10:06 AM
My bf smokes & the cigar bar next to Raglan Road allows smoking at the bar.

Disney Doll
07-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm assuming many people don't realize that there are designated smoking areas in DTD because that seems to be the worse as far as smokers outside of the designated areas. If you are on Disney property there will be designated areas. You can look at the maps or we always thought it was just as easy to look for the trashcans with ashtrays on top. DH is a former smoker so I'm not bashing any smokers, but I won't hesitate to remind a smoker who is outside the designated area. There are too many people who are seriously affected by 2nd hand smoke.

TheVBs
07-19-2009, 12:08 PM
We're not smokers, so it's very noticeable if we encounter it. I think that the huge majority of smokers at WDW stick to the smoking areas and follow the rules. Unfortunately, we have seen a few who didn't. This seems to mostly happen at night. Maybe they think they won't be noticed?