PDA

View Full Version : What Else Can I Do?

steamboat willy
06-17-2009, 01:11 PM
From today, we have 84 days until we drive through the archway off I-4 :welcome: welcoming us to Walt Disney World. Staying in Calypso by the pool at ASMusic. :vacation: So far we have ADR's at Ohana's, Coral Reef, MNSSHP, Hoop Dee Doo, 50's PTC, Flying Fish and finishing up our last night on Top Of The World (You have to be old to remember this) now the California Grill and watching Boo To You Fireworks. :fworks:
We will ride the monorail and visit the monorail resorts, plan to catch the Electrical Water Pagent and Wishes from the beach at the Poly, take a boat ride over to Fort Wilderness,:sail: park hop all (4) parks as well as DDT and take a stroll around the Boardwalk while possibly catching Illiminations.
We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary
:wine:
and we're getting as excited as a couple of school kids.
Question is, what else can I do to make this trip special for my beautiful bride of 25 years? She deserves something really special!
SWPD (sealed with pixie dust) :pixie:

faline
06-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Dinner at Victoria & Albert's? A fireworks cruise? A carriage ride for 2 through Fort Wilderness?

Disney Doll
06-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I like the carriage ride idea! They had that at POFQ the last time we were there and it looked very romantic. Congrats on 25 years!

steamboat willy
06-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Has anyone done the carriage ride, if so where does it go around POFQ? I could see they would have plenty road and trail at Ft Wilderness.
Thanks, a good idea!:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
06-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Take a tour? I have been on the Keys to the Kingdom & the Segway tours - both were really good!

mickeefan
06-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Have an anniversary dinner in Cinderellas castle.

joonyer
06-17-2009, 11:02 PM
We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary
:wine:
and we're getting as excited as a couple of school kids.
Question is, what else can I do to make this trip special for my beautiful bride of 25 years? She deserves something really special!
SWPD (sealed with pixie dust) :pixie:

What can you do to make it really special? I know what my bride would say. Nicer accomodations! Change you room reservations to Polynesian or Grand Floridian. No offense, but I don't think anyone would describe the All-Stars resorts as very romantic.
Everything else on your list sounds great!

AuntKari
06-17-2009, 11:49 PM
I agree with Joonyer! Can you imagine if she thinks you are going to the All Star and you pull up at the Grand Floridian-way cool! I think it is wonderful the way you want to do something special for her-that's fantastic! Keep loving her....Aunt Kari

irish1967
06-18-2009, 07:34 PM
How about some pampering at the Grand Floridian Spa?

My DH got me a manicure/pedicure for our anniversary. Even though it was "me" not "us" it was a very relaxing experience.

Happy anniversary!

dancin Disney style
06-22-2009, 10:33 AM
I kind of agree on the upgrade of accomodations. GF might be a bit of a stretch, it would be fantastic but I can understand that it might not be financially possible. How about POFQ??? It is sooooo romantic. If you do it don't tell her :secret:

Disney Doll
06-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Has anyone done the carriage ride, if so where does it go around POFQ? I could see they would have plenty road and trail at Ft Wilderness.
Thanks, a good idea!:thumbsup:

Here's all the info I could find. I'm guessing they ride along the river between POR and POFQ because I actually saw one while we were doing the boat ride from POR to DTD.

A relaxing 25-minute carriage ride through Disney's Port Orleans Resort. Carriage holds up to 4 adults or 2 adults and three small children.

Reservations nightly (weather permitting)
First ride 6pm -Last ride departs 9:30pm
Pick up at Port Orleans Riverside in front of Boatwright's Dining Hall

25 minute ride for $45 (tax included)
Tickets are sold by the carriage drivers
Cash and Disney Resort guest room charge accepted
Credit cards cannot be accepted

Reservations - Advance reservations can be made by calling WDW-PLAY
Same day reservations may be available at the Riverside Marina
Carriage rides may be cancelled due to inclement weather.

$35 fee for no-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice.

For Gift Certificate or Special Request please call location at 407-824-2734.
Guests will be allowed to bring their own drinks on board.

Disney Doll
06-22-2009, 12:52 PM
What can you do to make it really special? I know what my bride would say. Nicer accomodations! Change you room reservations to Polynesian or Grand Floridian. No offense, but I don't think anyone would describe the All-Stars resorts as very romantic.
Everything else on your list sounds great!

I would say that every bride is different and you have to know your wife. I personally would not be happy with a stay at the GF (not my style). An upgrade to a moderate, maybe, but an upgrade to a deluxe is not necessary IMHO.

steamboat willy
06-22-2009, 04:06 PM
ACTUALLY we have stayed at Delux, Moderate, Cabins, Values and even stayed in our Dodge Van with girls in the tent at Fort Wilderness back in the 80's, BUT "OUR" resort has become the All Star Music with preferred/poolside :vacation: request made and paid for.
Romantic is who's holding my hand, not where we stay. :wine:
We would rather stay for 10 nights at Calypso and eat at Delux. Thanks for the Carriage Ride tips, that's the kind of things I need. We were also thinking of a night time balloon ride at DTD.:pixie: No offense taken, Delux just not for us on a tighter budget. ;)

Wolf
07-21-2009, 07:06 PM
What is the balloon ride everyone keeps mentioning? I haven't heard of this before but it sounds interesting!

Steamboat Willy I would maybe suggest getting her a pretty flower arrangement from the Disney Florist delivered to yalls room one night while you guys are out at a park, I did this for my mom for her birthday and she was so shocked and it was a darn good arrangement! If you do that though get it sent at least 4 or 5 days before the end of yalls trip, it was hard for my mom to throw hers out unwilted because we had to pack the vase for TSA approval. I got the Mickey throughout the years one but they have some awesome princess tiara ones that would remind her she is still your princess!

Wishmaker
07-22-2009, 06:51 AM
I would say that every bride is different and you have to know your wife. I personally would not be happy with a stay at the GF (not my style). An upgrade to a moderate, maybe, but an upgrade to a deluxe is not necessary IMHO.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

georger
07-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Our family did this last year when we were there in September. The carriage rides would be very romantic! We had our kids with us on this trip (and on the carriage ride) but it would be a great surprise for your wife and more romantic for just the two....you could even make up a little invitation for the carriage ride to be put with the flowers (if you decide to have those delivered during your stay)...She will think you are wonderful!!!!!

cjdami
07-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Something corny is just to stroll the parks holding hands, we don't get the chance to do this cause we have family with when we go.
I think a carriage ride is a wonderful idea! Walk the beach at the Poly at sunset! Walk around the rose garden in Magic Kingdom.
What about upgrading to a moderate??
DH has something in the works for ours but I'm not sure what is is yet....we are to be going away but I don't know anymore...
We have never gone alone yet....hoping for someday to go alone when the youngest is old enough! We celebrate 20 years in Sept. So
:congrats: to making it for 25 years! That is a fantastic milestone!!
Have a blast!!

PlutoPlanet
07-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Is there a way to do a vow renewal that costs less than the $4500 that wedding packages start at?

steamboat willy
07-22-2009, 12:53 PM
What is the balloon ride everyone keeps mentioning? I haven't heard of this before but it sounds interesting!

They have a tethered balloon that can hold up to 30 passengers at DTD. It operates both day and evening hours and I've seen some great photos taken from high above Fultons Crab Shack and beyond. It goes up approximately 400 feet I understand depending on wind conditions.

I am definately going to check into the POR Carriage ride. She has even mentioned going over and walking around this resort one evening. What a surprise!
The Flower idea w/card also sounds like a Plan!
Is there a website that has the vase's available somewhere?
I just booked another night at the beginning of our trip that I will try and keep quiet until the weekend before. That will be hard.

47 days, but whooo's counting. Steamboat Willy IS! :teach: