PDA

View Full Version : DVC trade

sydneymouse
06-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Does DVC still trade with Interval International? I thought that had stopped. My sister has a timeshare with Interval and said that Disney World is still listed on their website?

momofdisneyprincess
06-17-2009, 11:03 AM
I thought that stopped as well. I just traded through RCI. I think Interval was available through Dec 2008 but I may be wrong.

NewDVCowner
06-17-2009, 11:37 AM
My mom has a timeshare with Interval and was told recently that Disney recently decided not to renew their contract with them. This happened within the last couple of months so perhaps their website hasn't been updated yet.

They also told her that very rarely was a Disney place open for Interval to get one of their owners into it, they were just always booked, so the chance of EVER getting a Disney onsite property was slim to none regardless.

c&d
06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
I think you could book thru December 31, 2008 with Interval International. Now you exchange thru RCI. I did find they had less choices for Maui then Interval did. But we still found a place.

DVC2004
06-19-2009, 09:28 AM
DVC terminated their relationship with Interval but was honoring existing exchanges. I had a pre-exisiting exchange for early winter at Atlantis and it was honored because I made the exchange a year before. Now they exchange with RCI. RCI resorts are mostly brands you have never heard of, with the exception of Hilton. I wish they would listen to members and go back to offering some of the better quality that II offered instead of trying to save a buck.