PDA

View Full Version : distance to pool ft wilderness cabins?

chucker
06-17-2009, 10:52 AM
i am considering staying at ft wilderness cabins in november, and i was wondering how hard it is to get from the cabins to the pool, resturaunt. We spend alot of time in the parks and want these things to be convenient for mid afternoon breaks. any input will help. thanx

joonyer
06-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Depending on the location of your cabin, it is most likely a farther walk to the pool than any of the hotel resorts. But that comes with the territory at Fort Wilderness, its a very large spread out resort. If you get a cabin in the 2200-2700 loops there is a smaller quiet pool (no slide) that is not too far of a walk from those loops. There is an Internal Bus System running in FW that will take you very close to the Meadows (main) pool, Trails end and Pioneer Hall (restaurants) and other destinations. Other options include renting a golf-cart (about $60 per day) or renting bikes. And there is no parking for autos at the pools or restaurants and very limited parking at the Meadows trading post.

SFTrny
06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
I would strongly recommend the Golf Cart, especially if you want to take those mid-afternoon breaks. The cart makes everything at FW closer...and you don't have to wait for buses. You can jump right off the boat at the Marina (or the bus at the front) and hop into your cart for a quick ride to the cabin!

snuggs30
06-17-2009, 12:18 PM
I love Ft. Wilderness! Yes get the golf cart! They are so fun to run around on and gets you to where you need to be faster than the buses:thumbsup: I hope you enjoy it!

TheRustyScupper
06-17-2009, 05:24 PM
1) People sometimes discount the idea that Fort Wilderness is a campground.
2) An honest to goodness campground that is huge.
3) Thus, there are sometimes long walks between activities/stores/eateries.
4) In this case, the pool walk would be long.
5) However, you can
. . . rent a golf cart
. . . rent a bike
. . . take the internal buses
6) Now, just lay back and relax.
7) FW is a great place to vacation - man does not live by parks alone.

SFTrny
06-17-2009, 07:08 PM

I have to second this perspective. FW is a unique place...not like any other resort. I think it is the best place for families and if you ever grew up watching "Daniel Boone" on the Wonderful World of Disney, the you'll love the FW campground. With the cabins....you aren't really "camping", but its not the same as a resort either. I promise that you won't find the same atmosphere at any other resort at WDW! (get the golf cart...too much fun!)

TheRustyScupper
06-17-2009, 10:24 PM
if you ever grew up watching "Daniel Boone" on the Wonderful World of Disney,

1) OMG !!!
2) Did that ever take me back.
3) I used to lay on the floor with younger brother & dad.
4) We would watch Disney on Sunday night in black & white.
. . . Daniel Boone (with Dewey Martin as DB)
. . . Davy Crockett
. . . cartoon stories
. . . Elfego Baca
. . . true life nature stories
. . . Spin and Marty
. . . Swamp Fox
5) Thank you so darn much for that memory!

joonyer
06-17-2009, 11:16 PM
2) An honest to goodness campground that is huge.
. . . . .
6) Now, just lay back and relax.
7) FW is a great place to vacation - man does not live by parks alone.

And, it's a campground that has background music. Playing from hidden speakers in all the common areas (not next to your camper). This really creates a "Disney magic" atmosphere in FW. I thought it was one of the coolest things about FW the first time I went there. Kinda makes you feel like you are in an episode of WWD.