PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Mad Hatter at 1900 PF

murphy1
06-17-2009, 08:15 AM
I took my kids there for a special breakfast (we were just passing through town). There was the loudest Mad Hatter I have ever encountered, he was shreiking and howling so loud, he was annyoing the CM's there and scaring the children! Beware! (I told him to take some Benadryl and he said "is that good stuff "howl" "shriek"!

crltkcagle
06-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Wow must have had too much coffee that morning.

mouseketeer mom
06-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Maybe its the same one we saw back in March. He was so insane I can't even tell you. and LOUD. He was flinging cherries at me every five seconds and shrieking. Ours too, seemed to scare the little ones.

murphy1
06-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Lisa, has to be! He and Alice started having a food fight!

mouseketeer mom
06-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Yes!! The food was flying!! He was touching the food on our plates and flinging it!!!! We got splashed and everything. People thought he was a hoot, in some ways it was really fun, but in most ways, it was really over the top!!

Disneyfun
06-17-2009, 11:40 AM
We had that same experience with a Mad Hatter at 1900 - only with a 12 month old in tow! He was way over the top and I told him to quiet down as he was scaring the baby! He obliged at our table, but at the next, it was back to megaphone Mad Hatter! Definetly not an experience I would want to repeat with or without a child.
There is a fine line between crazy ha-ha and crazy out of control.

IamBelle
06-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Back in August, we had a similar experience at 1900 PF breakfast. The Mad Hatter wasn't flinging food, but he was crazy loud and hilarious! He came over when we were eating the strawberry soup and he goes:
"I LOVE strawberry soup. Do you know why?...Because it's FULL OF SUGAR!!"
My dad also wanted a picture of us w/ the mad hatter, and tried to take it, but the camera was slow, so the mad hatter goes "I'm not getting any younger!" He was the funniest thing I had ever seen!!

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
06-19-2009, 11:07 PM
When we were there last Sept. for breakfast at 1900 PF. It was just the same as all of you are describing! The Mad Hatter was actually a jerk. He was throwing grapes across the entire room and one hit me(Di) hard between the eyes! My niece thought it was funny but, I was just glad it wasn't a child who got hit. He had a castmember who was a little person watching over him. The castmember saw I got hit and came over to talk w/me. He was so kind and we talked about our lives. He has worked there since it opened! I enjoyed our talk and then MH came over to our table. He was obnoxious and rude as he can be sometimes. He can be funny and I love humor however, he was down right rude. He asked if I liked him and wanted a pic and I told him, "not really". And, he says, " Oh, I know.... you are into the "Snow White" story!!" We were shocked and disgusted by his so.... called humor. It wasn't funny just wrong! I spoke in his ear and told him he was a jerk and truly wrong for being so rude and to walk away now. Both me and my niece went and spoke w/ the CM and apologized for his rude comments.The MH didn't come back to our table again. We found it inappropriate and tasteless.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

cheshirecollector
06-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Some of my family just came back from WDW two weeks ago, and they saw a great Mad Hatter there. Now I'm debating whether or not to keep my own reservations for July, just because of this thread. The loud Mad Hatter sounds like someone I'd go out of my way to avoid.

pluto 77
06-21-2009, 02:48 PM
I am trying to plan out our meals for our upcomming honeymoon and we were thinking of 1900 PF. We specifically wanted to get pictures with the Mad Hatter and other rare characters. I am now a little hesitant. :confused:

Is it still a good experience? And also how is the food? We were actually trying to decide between breakfast and dinner, or if we should try both. Any info will be a huge help in our decisions!! Thanks