PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations

dizneefan67
06-16-2009, 08:12 PM
I just wanted to know if anyone in the intercot family knows when the christmas decorations go up in full force? I thought I read somewhere the WORLD is decorated to the hilt Middle of Novemeber? Can andyone confirm? I am planning a vacation 2010 and would like my friends to experience the decorations and events. Thanks for your Help in advance!

Will:mickey:

RobWreck
06-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Back in 2006 they were setting up Xmas decorations and starting to play Xmas music as early as November 3rd. It stands out because we were in the parks for a few days, went on a 4 day DCL cruise over Halloween, and when we returned from the cruise to the parks, we were shocked to hear Xmas songs at the Animal Kingdom.
So yeah, mid-November most things should be pretty well decorated.
Rob

Pirate Granny
06-16-2009, 11:49 PM
We went the week before Thanksgiving last year and not all the decorations were up. They moved the Osbourne Lights to start the Saturday after Thanksgiving, whereas in 2007they were up the week before Thanksgiving...Also, we did the Xmas party in 08 and the Xmas tree WAS NOT up in MK...a disappointment...so...most of the resorts had started their decorations, but not all had completed...and everyday we saw more decorations in the parks...but they were in full bloom so to speak...I know that EPCOT doesn't do the tree lighting ceremony or the lights in the main walk to the countries until after Thanksgiving...that's always been standard...as the Wine and Food didn't stop until early November...so, if I plan another trip to see the decorations it'll be the first or second week of december...which is value season and I know all the decorations will be up.
:pirate:

Marymouse2003
06-17-2009, 12:51 AM
In 2008, unfortunately there was NO Christmas Tree lighting ceremony @ all. That's just as per info I know. They lit the tree and the lights in the entrance area came on, yes, but the Character Christmas Tree lighting didn't happen in 2008 in MK or EPCOT. Was a HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! bummer. Was just so cute and well done. You want to make sure to see Mickey's Twas the Night B4 Christmas show in MK. It's like broadway style and was AWESOME!!

My favorite time to be in WDW!!!
Enjoy!!

dizneefan67
06-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Just wanted to say thank you for all your valuable information. I will be 42 and Disney NEVER GETS OLD!, my travelling party will be surprised to see that al the decorations will be up by the time we make our 2010 trip...never thought planng a trip could take so long! My partner has never been to WDW, but has been to DL in CA, this will be a treat for him at 53!
Again thaks to all of your input and ifo, I greatly appreciate it!

Have a Magical Day!:tink: :pixie:

Will:donald:

SueQ
06-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I love going to Disney just after Thanksgiving. Usually get there the day after and stay till the following Saturday. Haven't been able to in a few years though. All of the Christmas decorations are usually up and lit. I love the Christmas feel at Disney!!!

jnfr2424
06-18-2009, 02:06 PM
My family and I was in DW on Thanksgiving Eve all the decorations were up except for the tree at MK and we were told by CM because they did not tape the VMCHP yet with Regis and Kelly.
The Osbourne Lights start on the Friday after Thanksgiving(not to be missed!) All of the other trees were up and just gorgeous! We loved it so much we came home and rebooked for Thanksgiving 2009.

LoriMistress
06-20-2009, 06:30 PM
By November 6th that's when the parks and resorts are decorated in Christmas attire. The parks/resorts also play Christmas music.

DNS
06-21-2009, 12:16 PM
We went the week before Thanksgiving last year and not all the decorations were up. They moved the Osbourne Lights to start the Saturday after Thanksgiving, whereas in 2007they were up the week before Thanksgiving...Also, we did the Xmas party in 08 and the Xmas tree WAS NOT up in MK...a disappointment...so...most of the resorts had started their decorations, but not all had completed...and everyday we saw more decorations in the parks...but they were in full bloom so to speak...I know that EPCOT doesn't do the tree lighting ceremony or the lights in the main walk to the countries until after Thanksgiving...that's always been standard...as the Wine and Food didn't stop until early November...so, if I plan another trip to see the decorations it'll be the first or second week of december...which is value season and I know all the decorations will be up.
:pirate:
We were there this week in 2008 also and were very disappointed with the lack of decorations at Epcot and the studios. We cannot go from late November through March due to obligations at home. It was nice that they had some decorations up and Christmas music playing, but I would not go back again this time of year if my intent was to see the decorations since the best were not up yet.