PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Used the CS Dining Plan?

mjaclyn
06-16-2009, 07:38 PM
In the past DH and I have gotten the basic dining plan and the deluxe dining plan. We haven't been back to Disney since they introduced the new Counter Service dining plan, but we're considering it for our next trip. We have two young children so I think most of our meals will be CS but I will make a few reservations for a character meal or lunch at our favorite restaurants. Has anyone tried the CS only plan? How does it work out financially? Does it really save money?

BecuzISaidSo123
06-16-2009, 09:21 PM
We just got back Sunday and used the CS plan for 5 days; two adults and one 10-year-old and one 14-year old. We loved it! There was more than enough to eat and it indeed paid for itself. There are plenty of options at all of the parks and resorts. We ended up having snacks left on the last night, and used the credits for snacks to eat on the ride home. Also, the refillable mug per person was nice to have.

threeh
06-17-2009, 12:14 PM
I just booked this for our November trip. I'm hoping it works our as well as it sounds. My logic is I won't have to make any ADR's.( ok, just one for sushi at Tokyo dining but I will pay OOPfor that) I'm hoping the entire trip we can wing it, go where we want, etc. I have done dining plans for other trips and I just don't want to feel I'm slave to the clock this trip. Here's hoping it works out as well as I think it will!!:thumbsup:

pixiegoose
06-17-2009, 12:34 PM
DH and I got the counter service plan on our trip in February and I'd say we got our money's worth. There was tons of food plus you also get the refillable mug. We liked that we were able to try new counter service places that normally we wouldn't have had time for if we got the regular dining plan. Two of the new ones we tried and loved were Tangerine Cafe in Morocco and Yak & Yeti counter service in Animal Kingdom.

PetefromRI
06-17-2009, 06:52 PM
We tried it and are sold on the QSDP.Wolfgang Puck Express was one of our favorites along with the Earl of Sandwich.We really thought that with the 2 snacks per day and the free refillable mug at checkin,it was worth it.We had an awful lot of food and didn't have to make any ADR's except for a couple of special meals.Since we had a few OOP meals,we had extra QS credits so we went to the Yakatori House in Japan one night and ordered 2 sushi CS meals each and pigged out on sushi.It's not quite as good as Tokyo Dining but it fit the bill.

garymacd
06-17-2009, 11:14 PM
We also liked it. It was very convenient and easy to use. We also had the money spent or put aside and didn't have to worry about too much in the way of additions on our bill at the end of the trip.

We also ate something different just about every day which was a real bonus.