PDA

View Full Version : DisneyQuest worth it??

MickeyMousse
06-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Our DS7 decided that in lieu of a birthday party in September that he'd rather hold out and celebrate his bday when we're at WDW in November. He has chosen that we all go and celebrate his bday at DisneyQuest. He will be 8 y/o (going on 30) . We've never been and everyone loves video games/arcade/virtual reality games. My questions is: Is it worth the time and $$?? Can you spend the entire day there? Do they have restaurants/food courts?
Before I make "the promise" I want to be sure it's something that is doable for all of us. Thanks!

RobWreck
06-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Define a full day. If a full day is 12 hours, then no... but there's enough there to for someone that's never been to easily spend 5 or 6 hours doing everything and redoing fun stuff. That's not even factoring in time for the free general video games.
Highlights to hit include the Virtual Pirates of the Carribean, Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlasters and the "Alien Encouter" attraction... those each have alot of re-ride value. :D
Rob

EpcotNut
06-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Define a full day. If a full day is 12 hours, then no... but there's enough there to for someone that's never been to easily spend 5 or 6 hours doing everything and redoing fun stuff. That's not even factoring in time for the free general video games.

Totally agree - it's a great 1/2 day activity + Downtown Disney, maybe dinner at T-rex for your son's Bday...I would say - worth the time and $$. Enjoy!!:thumbsup:

Nanners
06-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Make sure that all in the party are into video virtual reality games tho. It can be very very boring on someone that is not into them. Take it from me... We went this past Fri and I tagged behind my son and my brother as they had the times of their lives. There was one fairly interesting trivia game that held my attention for all of 30 mins. No benches to sit the day away at. There are lots of seating at the food area but the cost of the food overrides that... One good thing is that you can reenter the building later in the same day. I would second the suggestion of eating at T Rex and then going back to play at any favorite games.

DisneyWFan
06-17-2009, 07:10 AM
just so you know if there is a chance you will go to one of the water parks, want to go to DisneyQuest more than once, or Play a round of golf, etc.... You may want to look into adding the Water Park Fun And More option. This option costs $50 per person and will give you 1 option admission equal to the number of days on your Magic Your Way Tickets ( 5 day tickets=5 option visits) The cost of Disneyquest tickets are $40 per adult

grumpyguy
06-17-2009, 07:16 AM
i love dq..we easily spend 4-5 hours without a problem.
i could do the pirates game all day if they would let me:thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
We were looking at spending 5-6 hours there, so it sounds like there's enough to keep us there that long. I did not know that you could re-enter, so the idea of going out to a restaurant and coming back is great and would break up the day even better! Thanks for all the info!:thumbsup: