PDA

View Full Version : South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island

princessesmom
06-16-2009, 04:59 PM
My husband and I stayed at this resort 7 years ago, before the hurricanes hit. And it was just the two of us getting away for our 15'th anniversary. I'm thinking about this as a destination for a spring break 2010 family vacation if it works for our budget - which I won't know until January. We have four children dd(14), dd(12), ds(9), and dd(6). I see they have 2 bedroom villas at the marina, which I believe have been added since we were there last. Has anyone stayed in a villa at this resort? How roomy are they and how well equipped is the kitchen? How close is the beach?

It seems like it would be a good set-up for us. Maybe we could have breakfast and lunch at the villa and just eat out for dinner to save money. Anyone have any experience with the kids program and/or teen program?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

coloradowendyl
06-18-2009, 01:54 PM
I haven't stayed there, but we are frequent visitors to Sanibel/Captiva. We usually stay at Pointe Santo de Sanibel which is a lovely condo resort. It has a pool and beach, but no restaurants. There are so many restaurants on Sanibel, we just explore them.

There is a website, Vacationbyowner where you can rent directly from the condo owners and see pictures of the condos for all of Sanibel and Captiva.

Wendy

princessesmom
06-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks, so much! I'll check out the website. I imagine it will be less expensive than staying at a resort.

Boom Baby
07-23-2009, 10:39 AM
We just vacationed at South Seas Resort in April, it is really a wonderful resort. After the hurricane they remodeled the whole area at the tip of the island, where the large pool and playground was. It is a beautiful complex with 3 pools, one is a zero entry pool with fountains, one is a deeper pool and a new one opened this year with two waterslides. They have cabanas you can rent and a nice casual restaurant. The thing is - that it is no longer free for most guests, it depends on if you own or rent and where you stay, and I believe it is really expensive. Of course each set of condos has its own pool that is no charge and the beautiful beaches! If you have a specific question, I can try to answer it.