PDA

View Full Version : Villas Clarification

disney1122
06-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Need clarification on a few items -

1. Tried booking the Boardwalk Villas for mid-June, 2010 and was told that since it is part of the DVC, we can't reserve a 2 bedroom villa until 6 months until we are planning on arriving. (I'm assuming that allows the DVC people to book and reserve...gives them first priority.) So, we booked 2 rooms instead in order to get a reservation for those dates in the system. Will this give us priority when we call back in mid-January to switch to a villa????

2. Also, they mentioned a $25 charge for extra adults over 2??? Is that for standard rooms or does that allow to villas, too? If we have 4 adults and 2 kids in a 2 bedroom villa, will be charged extra for 2 of the adults? This confused me!?! The 2 bedroom villa sleeps 8...so why would it matter??

Thanks for any info anyone can provide! This stuff is so overwhelming!!!

:mickey:

wildernesslady
06-16-2009, 04:50 PM
There are always rooms kept for cash only reservations so I'm not sure why you were told you had to wait. I believe an adult is anyone over 17. You are allowed to have 2 per room so there may be a charge for the extra 2 adults. Try buying points from a member and you would not have to pay for the extra adults. Then you can have as many as you want.

TammiMcMan
06-16-2009, 07:20 PM
My suggestion when calling Disney reservations is, if it doesn't sound right, hang up and call again. I wouldn't wait until January, as I believe some of things told to you were inaccurate.

1. As the previous poster mentioned, Disney has a number of DVC units for general booking. They may be sold out of general units and that's why they suggested you call back 6 months prior, but I would verify that.

2. There is no additional charge for more than 2 adults when you book a villa or suite.

Checkers
06-17-2009, 09:21 AM
:mickey:The charge for extra persons in a room I believe are for the Inn rooms. The villas (2br) sleeps 8 and those under the age of 3 yrs. don't count.

As suggested, I would call back and verify what you have been told with another CM. You will love the Boardwalk!