PDA

View Full Version : Best shoes to wear in the parks?

Rosemickey68
06-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Do you guys think it is better to wear crocs or walking shoes in the parks during the summer?

Guinness
06-16-2009, 04:56 PM
I like Crocs because of how light they are, and they come in so many different options, there is bound to be one that works just as well as a walking shoe. Still, if you have a history of getting especially sore feet, the extra support of a real shoe would be the way to go.

dfamasb
06-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I think it's all up to personal preference. I love my crocs, but wore my hiking/walking shoes during our last trip. I think I'll stick with my socks and walking shoes from now on unless it's going to be a water ride kind of day.

Toughbug
06-16-2009, 05:07 PM
If all you wear are crocs then go with them. But if all you wear are shoes, or tennis shoes, or hiking boots, go with them. Do not change what shoes you normally wear on a regular basis just because you are going to WDW for vacation. The last thing you want is to go there and walk forever with shoes that your feet are not used to. This is not the place to try something different or break in something new. Go with what you usually wear. I wear soled shoes and tennis shoes all the time so that is what I wear to WDW. And the tennis shoes that I am going to wear when we go for Thanksgiving are the ones that I am getting for Father's day. I want to break them in and have no suprises at WDW. If your feet hurt you are miserable. Go with what you are used to and comfortable with and have broken in.

And have a great trip.

:mickey:

Jeri Lynn
06-16-2009, 05:08 PM
I usually wear my favorite pair of Nike walking shoes. I make sure they are well broken in. If the weather is real warm and I am expecting to go on any water rides I wear my Teva Sandals.

kakn7294
06-16-2009, 05:13 PM
The best shoes to wear in the parks are whatever is comfortable for you and will keep your feet happy with all that walking. I personally prefer flip-flops or Crocs but that's all I wear anyway. Even my "dress" shoes are Crocs or flip-flops.

magicofdisney
06-16-2009, 05:18 PM
I have 4 words for you - Birki's Caribbean Thong Sandal. :thumbsup:

I hope you have fun in whatever shoe you choose. :mickey:

StitchFan#1
06-16-2009, 06:11 PM
I usually wear my favorite pair of Nike walking shoes. I make sure they are well broken in. If the weather is real warm and I am expecting to go on any water rides I wear my Teva Sandals.
TOTALLY AGREE! Nikes are the way to go. I buy a new pair every year and wear them for a month before the tirp and Im fine unless I forget to pack my flips for SMt!

Rosemickey68
06-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Everytime we have gone to WDW we have worn Nikes, just wondering what everyone thought.
I wear crocs to work and work 12 hour shifts but when I'm not working I wear my Nike walking shoes. So I'm pretty used to both, just wondering which is better in the summer.
When we went last April it rained so much we got blisters from our Nikes/wet socks.
I've never worn crocs or sandals to the parks so I wanted everyone's opinion.
I will probably take both and mix them up!?!
Thanks for your responses everyone!:mickey:

steamboat willy
06-16-2009, 07:07 PM
:cool: Exactly....wear what you normally walk in. Don't go buy a new pair of anything unless you buy and wear and they feel GOOD months ahead.
I wear tennis shoes of choice and low ride socks for park walking, I wear Sperry Top Sider flip flops and I wear crocks, but that is what I wear as soon as I get home and change into my comfort clothes everyday as well as weekends. I usually don't touch a pair of socks on weekends except for walks and all that exercise I do..............
Wear what you wear, not the new stuff that looks pretty!

joonyer
06-16-2009, 11:35 PM
I love my crocs for short walks and knocking around town, but when I walk a long way in them I get a blister on the top of my foot (I have a high instep). So at WDW I wear either some comfy Nike sandals I have or some good cross trainer sneakers. Use what is most comfy for your feet.

jcvalenti
06-17-2009, 06:35 AM
I used to always go with Merrill sandals, but after a trip to food and wine last October, I came back with a raging and painful case of Plantar Fasciitis that took me three months to recover from.

This time around I went with a pair of new Nike running shoes and some moisture wiking socks and so far, it's been great. My feet feel better than ever after two days. And the shoes are somewhat water resistant, so I haven't had any problem despite some big storms and Kali River Rapids.

luvdiznee
06-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Birkenstock, White Mountain...basically whatever works for you at home. No new shoes. :marg:

elmjimmlm
06-17-2009, 11:28 AM
. Go with what you are used to and comfortable with and have broken in.

I learned this the hard way in Dec. I bought a pair of shox and didn't really wear them until Disney and my heels hurt so bad...They are really broke in now so they will be great in Aug...

brownie
06-17-2009, 11:48 AM
I wear broken-in shoes with good ankle support. My preference is for low-cut hiking shoes. It's not just your feet you have to worry about; your shoes can have an impact on your knees and back due to all the walking you will do.

Gaz10
06-17-2009, 03:16 PM
flippers... just got back last week and it rained so hard this seemed like the best option.
go with the crocs if you've no flippers.:rain:

BMan62
06-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Take a 10 mile walk in whatever shoes you want to wear at WDW. After a walk like that, you can determine for yourself what will be most comfortable for you.

Personally, I cannot stand Crocs. part of that is that I need orthotics, so need a full shoe, but even trying them on and walking around the store, they made my feet ache.

imaprincess!
06-20-2009, 12:07 AM
I agree that it is definitely NOT the time to wear new shoes. Go with shoes that are very broken in, whatever type they may be. Personally, I like to have the option of slipping my shoes off and on so I can get my feet wet to cool off. :swim:

iheartdisney
06-20-2009, 09:13 AM
walking shoes - all the way! :walk:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2009, 09:54 PM
I usually alternate my Crocs, Tevas & Rebock running shoes. I try never to wear the same ones 2 days in a row.

Donald's Girl
06-20-2009, 10:44 PM
I was just going to offer the same advise as PayrollPrincess. Last month I tried rotating for the first time and it's also the first time I didn't get any blisters.
I rotated between my New Balance sneakers (with cotton socks), croc flip flops and regular flip flops with a slightly elevated heel (really relieves lower back strain.)

I found by doing that any friction wasn't continuous enough to cause blistering. I plan on doing the same thing every trip from now on.