PDA

View Full Version : Dinning Review (6/11 - 6/15/09) Part II

DizneeFan13
06-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Welcome Back, shall we continue:thumbsup::
Day 4:
Breakfast at Old Port Royale food court CBR
I had a Steak, Egg and Cheese quesedilla. When I got it, I though there had been some kind of mistake becuase of the size, I though they gave me two. I was reassured that it was only one and took of to tackle this breakfast. Again, it was a delicous meal that gave me more food than I expected.
Dinner at Epcot - Sunshine Season's food court
Finally learning from the rest of the meals I didn't finish, we decided to split a two entree dish of Spicy Thai Chicken and Sweet and Sour Chicken with udon noodles and sticky rice. Finally we got it right. We finished everything and were satisfied. Food was good and not over spiced which was nice.

Day 5:
Breakfast at AKL - Boma
For our last meal we chose to try the Boma Breakfast Buffet. What a choice! We arrived at the AKL at about 8:30 for our 9:30 ADR becuase we wanted to look around the resort. at about 9:00 we checked in and were prepared to wait about 30 to 40 minutes by just looking at the size of the waiting crowd. Within about 5 minutes my pager went off and we were shown to a table:thumbsup:. Again - pleasently suprised (a little of that Disney Magic :mickey:). We all tried the house juice, which was unusual but refreshing, while hearing about what offerings were on the buffet. I decided to try some of the more daring dishes such as Bobotie (an egg/sausage/pepper quche-like african breakfast dish) and curried sausage and biscuits. Both of which were very different than anything that I have ever had. I enjoyed them but on my second trip up I found the scrambled eggs with goat cheese and chives :cloud9:. I have to tell you that goat cheese is my new obsession after this. It was magnificent. This was a great breakfast at an incredible resort - recommend it to everyone.

All in all, we consistenly found ourselves with larger portions, and with better food than we expected. A trip well worth sharing. I hope you found some of this helpfull in selecting your future ADR's.:mickey:

sassy2000
06-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the reviews. Glad you had a good experience.:mickey:

omearac
06-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Your reviews are wonderful. Thanks for sharing. We are trying Boma for the first time in September for dinner, but after your review I want to try the breakfast. The eggs with goat cheese sound great! :yay:

MinnieMommie
06-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the review! :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
06-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks for sharing.