PDA

View Full Version : Dinning Review (6/11 - 6/15/09)

DizneeFan13
06-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Just got back from a fantastic trip to WDW (even though it was only a buisness trip with a little fun mixed in) and thought that I would fill you in on my great luck with dinning (this is my first time posting a dinning review - but I felt like I just had to share:blush:).

Day 1:
Dinner at DHS - Studio Catering Co.
I had the BBQ Pork Sandwich with Apples and was very disappointed:sick:. It was dry and taseted like processed meat that I could find in a cheap grocers. I won't be returning to this counter service eatery andy time soon.

Day 2:
Breakfast at Old Port Royale food court CBR
I got the Bounty Breakfst Platter (eggs, french toast, sausage, potatos, biscuit) and realized that it was to much for me and split it with aother in my party. All the food on the platter was very good with the exception of the breakfast potatos which were superb:thumbsup:. I would definantly get this again.
Dinner at Old Port Royale food court CBR
I got the Pork Mojo with Brocolli and Mashed Potatoes which was a lot of food. It was probably enough for both of us to split, but we also got the Rotisserie Chicken with Brocolli and Mashed Potatos. Both the pork and chicken were very good and the only complaint was that the brocolli was cold and under cooked (minor detail:unsure:). We left the table with only about half the food eaten becuase there was just too much in front of us:D

Day 3:
Skipped breakfast because we were still full from dinner.
Lunch at the AK - Flame Tree BBQ.
Due to skipping breakfast and going to EMH were found ourselves hungry about 10:30. So we wandered over to the Flame Tree BBQ and waited for them to open. There were a couple of guests waiting when we arrived, but by 11 there was quite a crowd. We ended up being the Opening Call family which was fun. A fun, new experience for me:party:. On to the food..... I tried another Pulled Pork Sandwich and was not disappointed in the least. Tasty and filling - just what the doctor ordered. My partner in crime ordered the 1/2 Rack of Ribs and again we got more food than we could handle.
Dinner at DHS - 50's Prime Time Cafe
This was by far the best meal I have ever had at Walt Disney World in 3 trips. I will go into more detail in a seperate post. Between the three of us, we chose Dad's Meatloaf, the Fried Chicken and Pot Roast. Our food was served quickly and it looked absolutly devine when set infront of us. First off - my meatloaf was the best I have ever had in my entire life (and my mom makes a great meatloaf). I couldn't do it justice if I tried to go into detail - perfection. The pot roast arrived so tender it fell apart with just the touch of the fork - no knife required. And the fried chicken was so moist it was rediculous (in a good way). I have never seen fried chicken that was so good. All I can say is go and try it for yourself.

I will conclude this edible journey in part II...

sassy2000
06-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Sounds good! I lOVE the pot roast at 50's Prime Time Cafe also

bretski99
06-16-2009, 01:23 PM
I agree with you about the fried chicken. It was by far the best I ever had anywhere.

yjgirl32
06-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow I got hungry just listening to your report. Thanks for sharing- I think- just kidding. We are going to try the 50's prime time and are super excited about it. Thanks for sharing.