PDA

View Full Version : Brown Derby Question

MomTo3Tiggers
06-16-2009, 10:42 AM
We rarely eat out in restaurants anymore because of my younger kids' food allergies - but my oldest remembers doing so and freaked when he saw the Hollywood Brown Derby menu. He's convinced he needs to look nice - which is a big problem for a teenage boy at WDW.

I know there's no dress code since this restaurant is in the Park (unlike the nicer restaurants outside the Parks), but a little reassurance here - my family will not feel out of place in shorts and t-shirts at the restaurant, will they? Even if the waiters are dressed more nicely than us?

Mickey'sGirl
06-16-2009, 11:07 AM
It's in an amusement park...so park attire is expected and worn. That said, when we go to the Brown Derby, the boys are wearing collared t-shirts and clean khaki shorts. I would feel out of place being too dressed down.

We love the Brown Derby! :thumbsup:

artyboy
06-17-2009, 03:10 PM
We've seen people dressed up and dressed in tank tops and shorts...it is a theme park restaurant, so there really isn't a full dress code.

Tell him to relax...and enjoy the Derby...it's an awesome place for lunch!

BTW: We travel often with a friend that has a long list of food allergies...just mention it to the server. Often, the chef will come out and discuss it with you...WDW is probably the safest place to dine if you have allergies!

Belle619
06-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Yes, don't worry too much about clothing. My sister and I went to the Brown Derby last year after a long day in the park wearing (nicer) jeans and blouses and we fit in just fine.

You will see quite a range of attire at any of the restaurants - so I have learned to not stress out about it. Now don't get me wrong, any place other than Disney, I stress out about it!!!

cmshelton1979
06-17-2009, 03:55 PM
I was there in May, I wore cargo shorts and a t-shirt. We had ADR's here so we could get preferred seating at Fantasmic.

MOJoe
06-17-2009, 05:01 PM
In my opinion this is the most elegant place in WDW. There will be plenty of t-shirts and mouse ears here. But i hate looking like i don't belong somewhere, so this is one place where i insist my boys wear polos or button up shirts.

So if your teen would feel better, then save him a nice shirt for the Derby.

AllDisney
06-17-2009, 06:14 PM
We have seen everything from suit & tie to t-shirt & shorts. As mentioned, it is an amazing amusement park so park attire is accepted.

Belster
06-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Don't worry!!! Last time our party of 11 went to BD was in October...we like to hit the parks hard and were worried also about the dress code. We all went the way we were, at first I felt funny but then after looking around I noticed that everyone looked like us. We ate at 3:30 if this helps.