PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Villas question

momofdisneyprincess
06-16-2009, 09:44 AM
I just received a letter of confirmation for my May trip. It indicated the unit will be in Unit 28S. Does anyone know where this is located? Thanks.

DizneyRox
06-16-2009, 11:13 AM
May 2010?

I didn't think room assignments were done until much closer to arrival, I'm not sure if there's any inforamtion that I would trust on this, if in fact it's a 2010 trip...

If it's 2009, I hope you liked the view... :D

momofdisneyprincess
06-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is May 2010 so I was surprised to get a room assignment as well. I traded through RCI to get this so maybe that is why I got something assigned? It lists my vacation details and inclued is Unit: 28S. As you said, perhaps I should not trust this? Judging from your reply, is 28S a good view; should I get it?

Thanks again.

momofdisneyprincess
06-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Thank you DizneyRox. I just called Disney and they explained what you said, that rooms are not assigned until a couple of weeks before check in. She said she didn't even know RCI was including room assignments on their confirmation letter.

Thanks again.

DizneyRox
06-16-2009, 12:17 PM
I haven't a clue how RCI room assignments are happening. I can only speculate...

I don't know what Buiilding 28S is, I was joking that if it was May 2009 then you knew the view when you were there.

There aren't many bad views at the Boardwalk although some of the canal views are not spectacular. Some of the walks are pretty far from the bus stop, but the views are usually good. I've never had a parking lot view though.

Maleficent's Dad
06-16-2009, 09:00 PM
It lists my vacation details and inclued is Unit: 28S. As you said, perhaps I should not trust this? Judging from your reply, is 28S a good view; should I get it?
"28S" must be a code for something as it is definitely not a room at the BWV. The BWV rooms are assigned four digits, with the first digit indicating the floor that the room is located on.

You could have room 2028, or 3428, but 28S must represent some sort of code between RCI and DVC.

greengeen
06-25-2009, 08:45 PM
It's not a room assignment at all, it's the legal description of the "unit" purchased by the original owner who traded their points to RCI. When someone purchases DVC they get a deed that gives the property description, including the "unit". This description is required by Florida law for the sale to be legal. But it has nothing to do with what room is assigned for any particular trip.