PDA

View Full Version : PIN codes?

cherbie66
06-15-2009, 09:34 PM
What are the pin codes everyone seems to get? How do you get them?

Live4WDW
06-15-2009, 10:04 PM
:mickey: I really can't say a whole lot. I just got one as I checked my e-mail tonight. The head is just spinning, it's almost as good as an e- ticket ride! My pin code just came from Disney Destinations, I don't know what I did if anything. It is offering me 40% off moderate resorts, and 42% of certain deluxe resorts for a particular time period. August thru the first of October. I am so excited, I hope everyone has a little magic there way :mickey:

Cinderella's mom
06-15-2009, 11:03 PM
I honestly cannot say how I have been getting my pin codes. Normally, I only get one every other year or so. With that said, I have gotten two in a month. Both are from Disney Destinations. I am not sure if it is because I had requested a DVD from them a while back or not. I have also been calling Disney about every other week trying to plan for our upcoming trip in November. Hope this helps a little!!!:thumbsup: Sending you some pixie dust!!

Dsnygirl
06-16-2009, 03:08 AM
:mickey: This question comes up on here SO often, and I always read the answers, hoping for some clue to obtaining a pin code that I've somehow missed. ;)

The most recent thread, a few weeks ago, hit on just about every possible reason people could get them... and they all applied to me, and I've received nothing.... so I just don't get why some people who do all these things get pin code after pin code, and others of us who do all the same exact things get zilch. :(

I even called Disney a week or so ago to ask if there was a pin code after my name... you used to be able to do that... and the CM I talked to said they can't tell us if there is a pin code after our name, we have to be able to tell them the pin code! :confused: I was able to call last year and ask (there wasn't) but now we're not able to? I thought maybe it was just me, getting a CM who didn't know better... but another friend of mine called and was told the same thing. So, I guess they're sick of those of us who desperately want a pin code calling to check on if there might be one by our name that got missed. ;)

So..... I don't think it is requesting DVD's or any other magic... it is completely the luck of the draw, and we're just not on the lucky end of this magic, I guess!

(btw, I did notice that I had stopped receiving ANY communications from Disney Destinations, incl. my Mickey Mom's newsletter, so I e-mailed Disney today to ask why... maybe that will help??? You might try something similar...)

nicster
06-16-2009, 10:44 AM
I am curious too. Do all these people have Disney Visa cards or something??

joonyer
06-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Obviously, Disney has your name and address from some source of Info. Could be a Disney Visa, or more likely, being a registered member of a Disney Website or former Disney Guest.

But I think the decision about who from their database gets pin code discount offers through email or postcards is entirely random, probably computer generated. There seems to be no rhyme or reason about who gets one and who doesn't.

I have gotten several within a few months of each other in past years, even close to the time of my last visit, but then might go for a year or two without receiving one.

nicster
06-16-2009, 11:37 AM
What do these pin code emails look like? I get emails from Disney all the time, did I miss it? What should I be looking for???

joonyer
06-16-2009, 12:36 PM
You won't miss it if you get one. It will be a clearly recognizable discount offer for WDW lodging or vacation package (with limited dates), with a Personal ID# that only you can use to get the discount.

sisterslovindisney
06-16-2009, 12:44 PM
We have gotten several pin codes but have not been able to use them so far. We just got one today by e-mail for the same 40%-42% off that a previous poster mentioned. We do not have a Disney Visa and have not been to Disney since 2004 but we do have a room already booked for Jan. 2010.

Strmchsr
06-16-2009, 02:03 PM
I am curious too. Do all these people have Disney Visa cards or something??

What do these pin code emails look like? I get emails from Disney all the time, did I miss it? What should I be looking for???

No, you don't have to have a Disney Visa. Just be signed up on the WDW website. As others have noted it's totally random. I went 7 years without getting one then got 4 over the last year.

The pin codes come from Disney Destinations so you might want to put [email protected] in your "allow" list so it doesn't get sent to your spam folder.

1goofyfamily
06-22-2009, 09:27 PM
my wife and I got the hotel discount one last week good through October but we were at my parents this weekend and they had one for free dining in Nov & Dec so we called and booked it immediately since we were all going anyway. Wife and I have Disney credit card & registered for everything and go frequently...my mom and dad have been once 8 years ago. CM would only tell us our email was in the system.