PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews

Dulcee
06-15-2009, 08:28 PM
So my DBF and I are back from our 8 day WDW trip and it was amazing. We also had some pretty incredible meals, here's my reviews.(Oh and we were on the basic DP).

Ohana's
A-
We had an 8:25pm reservation. We had left jersey that morning at 3am and hadn't napped so we were feeling pretty beat and a wee bit cranky. Anyway, we were seated about 15 minutes after showing up. Our waiters were a bit spacy and hard to understand but we were seated next to the glass and watched wishes. DBF is a big eater and was in awe of the food, especially the bread pudding dessert which was amazing. We also got our first sangrias :marg: which started an expensive habit for the rest of the trip. DBF defintely wants to go back, not my top favorite but he really enjoyed it.

Mama Melrose
A
We had a reservation at 5:30 pm and were sat right after showing up. We ordered and then was pleasantly surprised by our waiter bringing us a complimentary appetizer of some ceasar salad and bruschetta, both very yummy. DBF got the sausage and ziti which he enjoyed but said was very heavy with the cheese mixed in. I got the steak over polenta which was cooked perfectly and very yummy. DBF got the cheesecake which he enjoyed and i got some chocolate cake that was ok. Very enjoyable experince overall.

Restuarant Marrakesh (Morrocco)
B
We had a 7pm reservation and were seated on time. Our waiter was very nice and explained some deals on the dining plan and wine specials. DBF got the lemon chicken. He liked it enough but wasn't thrilled, these spices however were a bit out of my DBF's picky eating tendancies. I got the beef couscous which was good but not amazing. We both got bastilla for dessert :D yum. And DBF got a lovely glass of mint green tea. We also got to see the belly dancer and muscisans.

Safari Breakfast at Tusker House
A+
We had 9:20 reservations and were seated as soon as we made it through the crazy long check in line. We sat, got jamba juice (OMG SO GOOD) and went to get food. Selection was lovely with tons of choices and the serving areas were quiet. Characters showed up right after we sat back down and we got some great pictures. DBF had his birthday button on so we also got a card and a cupcake. Really enjoyed this one and would def do it again.

Spoodles
A
So we had a 7:10pm reservation but due to DBF getting cranky from the heat we left EPCOT early to head to the boardwalk. We walked in a 5 and asked if we could be seated now and they did which was lovely. We ordered a pitcher of sangria to calm DBF :secret: and then looked over the menu. DBF got the grilled chicken with potatoes and eggplant. He enjoyed everything but the eggplant, again he's too picky. I had the oak grilled pork tenderloin with gnocchi, spinach, red onion and mushroom and it was fantastic. DBF finshed off the pork and agreed. DBF got the marscapone cheesecake and I got some divine chocolate cake that was easily the best of the trip. Very enjoyable and the early seating meant we got to MGM in time to see Fantasmic.

Le Cellier (Canada)
A++
So we had an 8:40pm reservation and were walking over PoC at 8 so we made a mad dash to EPCOT and then booked it back to Canada. DBF was exhausted by the time we showed up and the host had a good laugh at his expense. We were seated about ten minutes after showing up. Our waiter was fantastic and since the Cup finals were going on during dinner gave us score updates throughout the meal :). He brought us breadsticks with the pretzel one absent, he said they were baking and would bring one out later. DBF got the chedder soup which he absolutly fell in love with. The waiter then showed up with 5 pretzel sticks and DBF proceeded to wipe out the bowl and down another moosehead beer:beer:. I got the chorizo and chicken sausage over polenta appetizer which was fabulous. DBF got the mushroom filet mignon and I got the prime rib. Both were amazing and I ate my DBF's risotto which was creamy and heavenly. Despite being stuffed we forged ahead into dessert. DBF got the maple creme bruelle and I got the chocolate moose, both were fantastic and we couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more. It was a sloooow walk back to the bus stop that night.

Ragland Road
A
We had 8pm reservations and were seated on time. It was very busy. DBF got a beer he wasn't fond of but I can't remember the name. We both got the whiskey sirloin with mashed potatoes. It was fantastic but I only made it through half, DBF finished mine off. We then got two Bailey's coffees as well as the triple your pleasure dessert and the bread pudding. Both were lovely. The entertainment was great and we look forward to going back.

Riverside Mill (Port Orleans)
A
We ate most lunches at the Food Court of Port Orleans Riverside and were pleasantly surprised. DBF loved the ham sandwhich and I was a huge fan of the make your own pasta and salads. We would stay here again for the lovely lunch options.

As a side note we also enjoyed the lounge at POR. We stopped most nights to grab a sangria :blush: before heading back to our room. They were so yummy and I would recommend them to those who like fruity beverages.

crltkcagle
06-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Sounds like you found yourself a new favorite drink. Thanks for the reviews. :marg:

patandtwins
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
We did a pitcher of Sangria at Spoodles too. It was sooo good. We will be sure to have some in a few weeks. Thanks for the Mama Melrose and Ragland Road reviews. We have not done those yet. And what's the story with Tusker House for dinner? Do you have to go in AK to go? Is it a buffet? Thanks:mickey:

SBETigg
06-15-2009, 10:18 PM
It all sounds good, and fun.

SheLovesDisney
06-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful dining experience! Thanks so much for sharing!
Glad to hear that Raglan Road was tasty - we'll be trying it for the 1st time in August.

tinksmom02
06-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Awesome reviews, glad you guys had such great dining! And thanks for the tips about the sangria, that's DH's new favorite beverage, so I'm glad to hear it's readily available in the world (and one of the reasons I'm so desperate to try Spoodles! ;))!

yjgirl32
06-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Glad to hear some good reviews for some of the places we will be trying in Sept. Thanks for sharing.

MickeyMousse
06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm full just reading your reviews! Thanks for sharing!!!

epceddie
06-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the reviews, especially the one of Le Cellier. My wife is a creme brulee fanatic and she really wants to try their maple version.
Her favorite creme brulees are the banana at Kona Cafe and the pistachio at Jiko.

SAH
06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanx, What a great review to read....:thumbsup:

Ropachs
06-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks, love to read dining reviews!

cer
06-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Thank you so much for the reviews. I am sooo hungry!