PDA

View Full Version : August trip

wdwvacationeer
06-15-2009, 06:48 PM
This is kind of a long multi question post.Our daughter is going to be participating in Disney's College Internship from August 12-January 2. Needless to say we are planning mulitple trips because she or any of our other children have never been away from home. So, I am sad and nervous (and excited for her) but happy to be planning to take more than our annual trip to Disney.

Has anyone else experienced this intership or had their children experience it? What can we expect for the first few days? Will I be able to help her? Will she have time to get away like for shopping?

We are staying at the Caribbean Beach from 8/16-8/20 for vacation but I am coming early on 8/11 with my daughter to help her setttle into the apartment. I am planning to rent a car once we get to Disney and help her buy all the stuff she needs because after we leave she will have to rely on Disney buses to take her around. From the information she received- the first week is very structured but she will need to buy things like food, bedding, towels, specific colored work shoes and a tv so I thought it was best if I was there to help out.

Also, I am bringing our youngest daughter with me and am considering making a reservations at Pop Century from 8/11-8/15. She has wanted to stay there before and people really seem to love it but I have always hesitated because I see ENORMOUS lines of people waiting for the buses. We are not getting park tickets for those days because I figure we will be busy helping my other daughter. Are there fun activities at Pop? Last year we stayed at AsMu and they had a fantastic pool party there every afternoon and a movie at night. Does Pop have anything like this? Is it a hassle
changing resorts mid trip? I am returning the car after the first few days so I am wondering if there is a way to get my luggage from Pop to CBR.

Any info on any of my rambling questions would really be appreciated!

faline
06-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm not familiar with how the college program works but I can tell you it is very easy to switch resorts. On the day you transfer over, have bell services take your luggage and let them know you are registering at the second resort. They will take care of transferring your luggage for you. You then make your way over to the next resort and check in. Or, you could do what we did the last time we transferred...we just grabbed a cab and brought our luggage with us. It was very easy.

Congrats to your daughter!