PDA

View Full Version : I just received my first pin code, BUT...

cjb121879
06-15-2009, 03:19 PM
...we're already booked through MJ for Free Dining in September. Would it be presumptuous to ask them to reprice with the pin code? I'm not even sure this would work out in our favor, but figured we may as well try it. What do you guys think?

To complicate matters, Pop is sold out for our dates now, so I'm not even sure we could get this deal at the same hotel.

Advice, please:)

disneymom15
06-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes, give MJ the pin code number. We got a pin code about 10 days ago. We booked on the bounce back deal last Dec for POFQ, I gave Terrisue the pin code number and our rate dropped almost $20 per day.

DizneyRox
06-15-2009, 03:57 PM
It's absolutely worth a shot, pick the better deal. PIN codes are designed to fill voids in the rooms. They are very specific usually.

Depending on the outcome, it may turn out to be a resort upgrade for just a little extra, or a more discounted room, or may turn out to be a stinker and your original reservation is better. Won't know if you don't try. MJ will find out for you and let you know.

AuntDJ
06-15-2009, 04:24 PM
For sure let your agent know!! I got a pin code less the 2 weeks before my trip, I let Karen know and I got a refund on my credit card for $300 the next day! Very worth it!

Have fun!
DJ

cjb121879
06-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks so much for the help guys. I'll let you know what happens!

mom2morgan
06-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Yes, let us know what happens! I had already booked my trip last December and was staying at a moderate. I got a pin code in the mail for my dates but at the Values....but my agent was able to get them to apply it to my existing reservation and saved me over $500! (which enabled me to order the DDP which I hadn't before - and boy, am I ever glad we did!)

ctennis
06-19-2009, 08:03 AM
We used our pin code and it saved us a bundle, and didn't affect any part of our reservation, including free dining.

LoriR
06-19-2009, 11:37 PM
How could that be? I thought all the discounts were one per reservation-- so if you are on the free dining package, you couldn't apply a pin code to the room rate as well. I was given a pin code for the late summer/fall and MJ told me free dining was a better deal for my particular situation, and that I couldn't use both-- it was one or the other. ??

coloradowendyl
06-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Disney policy is one discount per reservation. You cannot stack discounts. There are also a lot of different pincodes out there including one that has a free dining component.

For some, we have found that the pincodes have saved them more than the General Public Free dining and for others, Free dining has been a better savings. It depends on the resort, the date, the mix of adults and children on the reservation. You need to price the package both ways to see which will be the greater savings.

For example...with the pincodes, we are finding that many of them have very limited availability in standard/garden view locations. Often the upgraded view with the pincode makes the package significantly more money than a Free dining offer.

Wendy

cjb121879
06-21-2009, 06:26 PM
...and the free dining offer was better for us than the pin code offer:(. Thanks for all your replies! PLUS- the values are booked anyway, I think it would have been difficult to find another room at POP. However, MJ was very quick to get back to me and very helpful with the information:thumbsup: We can't wait for September to get here!

LoriR
06-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks, Wendy!

last real pirate
06-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Yes, give MJ the pin code number. We got a pin code about 10 days ago. We booked on the bounce back deal last Dec for POFQ, I gave Terrisue the pin code number and our rate dropped almost $20 per day.

we booked our trip for this december through terrisue. she was a great help in answering all of our questions.