PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the Poly from Epcot

Gregandmel
06-15-2009, 01:56 PM
We are planning on going to O'Hana's one night for dinner after spending the day at Epcot. I know we can hop on the monorail from Epcot and take it to the TTC at the Poly. Where is the monorail station located inside Epcot? What's it close to? How far of a walk is it from the TTC to the Poly? Thanks for any info!!

mudpuppysmom
06-15-2009, 02:01 PM
The monorail station at Epcot is right at the front of the park. When you are exiting, there is a sign that tells you "this way" to the monorail.

Once you get to the TTC if you want to walk, it's about 10 minutes....DH has walked from the POLY to TTC and grabbed the car and picked us up at the POLY in about 20-25 minutes, but he had to go get the car too.

GAN
06-15-2009, 02:29 PM
If you don't want to walk, the other option is getting off the EPCOT monorail and hopping on the Resort Monorail to the Poly(first stop).

gauvin4
06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
If you don't want to walk, the other option is getting off the EPCOT monorail and hopping on the Resort Monorail to the Poly(first stop).

This is what I would do.

deedeebee
06-15-2009, 03:07 PM

This is what I would do.

This is what we do to.

CleveRocks
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
The Epcot monorail station is OUTSIDE of Epcot, not inside the park ... it's just next to the front entrance turnstiles.

From Epcot, the monorail goes in only one direction, and makes only one stop, the TTC.

Once at the TTC, you have a choice: walk to Polynesian from there, or get off the monorail, walk down the exit ramp, then walk up the entrance ramp for the "resort monorail" and take that train to the first stop, which is Polynesian.

It's not a short walk from the TTC to 'Ohana, but it's not the worst walk in the world, either. It'll probably take you between 5-10 minutes depending on how fast you walk. I just looked at that walking route using a website that maps out customized running routes using satellite photos ... the walk from the bottom of the Epcot monorail exit ramp to the nearest GCH entrance is 0.37 mile.

If you wait for the resort monorail, you will have a very very short walk after you get off the monorail at Polynesian. Polynesian's monorail station is on the second floor of the Great Ceremonial House. 'Ohana is ALSO located on the second floor of the GCH, so it's very very close.

PixieMagic
06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
If you have small children I would definitely hop on the resort monorail....HOWEVER, if you don't WALK! It's not as far as people think and it's really pretty.....it really feels like you're walking around Hawaii :cloud9:

DisneyorBust
06-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Having stayed at the POLY on a number of visits, I suggest exiting the Epcot Monorail and strolling to the Great Ceremonial House.
The walk is not nearly as long as some may believe, the Tiki Torches are burning and in some areas of the paths you will hear Polynesian music playing. It is a beautiful resort.
Depending on the time of your visit, you may get to enjoy watching WISHES! from the POLY beach, you will be able to hear the music as you watch.
Enjoy your dinner at 'Ohannas!

threeh
06-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Having stayed at the POLY on a number of visits, I suggest exiting the Epcot Monorail and strolling to the Great Ceremonial House.
The walk is not nearly as long as some may believe, the Tiki Torches are burning and in some areas of the paths you will hear Polynesian music playing. It is a beautiful resort.
Depending on the time of your visit, you may get to enjoy watching WISHES! from the POLY beach, you will be able to hear the music as you watch.
Enjoy your dinner at 'Ohannas!
I agree, that is a wonderful relaxing walk.
Enjoy!!!:mickey:

steamboat willy
06-17-2009, 01:39 PM
If your not pushed for time and are able, take the walk to Poly. :tikki: The tikki's will be burning, the Island music will be playing, you will hear the horn blast from Friendship Boats piloting from the TTC docks and maybe a steam whistle blowing from across Seven Seas Lagoon.
Boy, I got it bad!
84 days, just 84 days! :cool: