PDA

View Full Version : Which one Mickey's BBQ or Hoop Dee Doo?

barbiegirl314
06-15-2009, 12:22 PM
The family and I have been thinking ahead to our next trip and have decided to venture away from our standard dinners (Chef Mickey, Garden Grill,Crystal Place) and try some different places. We've already decided on Whispering Canyon, Tutto Italia and now we're at a toss up between Mickey's Backyard BBQ and the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (we've never been to either of these)

It'll be myself, DH, DS 14 and DS 5. Which one do you think the boys would enjoy more?

Thanks for the help.

medic9016
06-15-2009, 01:01 PM
We did Hoop Dee Do last fall and it was great. The food and show was worth the money. We thought the BBQ was a little high priced for the food they serve.

hlkeck
06-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Sept '08 I had a 6 and 4 y/o and they LOVED the Backyard BBQ. My DD6 actually looked at me, end of night, completely red-faced from dancing with Chip and Dale and said "this is the most fun I've ever had at Disney!". They both fell asleep on the bus ride on the way home.

KAT1811
06-15-2009, 06:03 PM
For us we would do the HDDR. We love the HDDR. The kids loved it too, lots of action and fun and cute. They especially got a kick out of mom being "in the show" as I was chosen to go up on stage.

We decided against Mickey's BBQ for a few reasons. One it is weather permitting so if it rains you are out an ADR. Two, it is outside so bugs! And three, no assigned seating.

I would go to HDDR if it were me but I'm sure you'll have fun either place!

joanna71985
06-15-2009, 08:36 PM
I've done both, and I would go with HDDR. The food is pretty good, and the show is a riot! I hope to eat there again in the fall.

Goofy Pluto
06-17-2009, 10:44 AM
I've never done the Backyard BBQ, but I can't recommend HDDR highly enough. Pricey, but a LOT of fun!