PDA

View Full Version : Pool hopping Changing Rooms

tlhewitt52
06-15-2009, 09:58 AM
I know as a DVC member you can pool hop to the DVC resorts except for AK and Beach/Yacht club. I was wondering if the rest have changing rooms by the pool etc, As we are planning to do dinner at some of these resorts after relaxing by there pool?

Seasonscraps
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
I think you can use the fitness centers to change/freshen up.

Tinkermom
06-15-2009, 10:49 AM
We have pool hopped to both the Poly and Wilderness Lodge. I know that both have restrooms/changing rooms. The Poly even has a shower and I am pretty sure WL did too (it's been a while since we've pool-hopped there so memory is a bit fuzzy - lol). The Poly restroom had outlets by the sinks if you want to bring your hairdryer/curling iron as well. This facility is located just under the volcano waterslide. I imagine all of the pool areas have at least a restroom that you can change in. :)

hlkeck
06-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Boardwalk pool has a restroom with showers also right next to the pool. We pool hopped there once and had a LOT of fun! But the water was very very cold (it was December, but the temps were warm).

Seasonscraps
06-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Boardwalk pool has a restroom with showers also right next to the pool. We pool hopped there once and had a LOT of fun! But the water was very very cold (it was December, but the temps were warm).

Can you tell me where? I have been there a bunch of times and never noticed them. I have used the restrooms that are in the pool bar structure and in the corridor that leads to that big garden/lawn area in front of the Boardwalk (near the game room).

hlkeck
06-16-2009, 05:00 PM
It's the only time I've ever been there - I can't give you a specific direction. We weren't far from the pool on the left hand side of a walk way, but the very back of the bathroom had a shower, if I am remembering correctly.

Maleficent's Dad
06-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Okay, I could be way wrong here, but I don't know that I agree with all the info above... So I don't mean to argue with anyone or offend them.

We have pool-hopped a lot over the years. We're some of those weird people who enjoy this "perk," and our kids love it, too.

You can pool hop to any resort (not only DVC) except for the pools at BC/YC, AKL & VAKL, and BLT.

As far as actual "showers" and "changing rooms" are concerned, the only place we've ever seen/used these at is OKW.

Off the top of my head -
WL - restrooms at pool area. No showers or changing rooms. Villa's pool has the workout room & rest rooms very close by.

GF - Restrooms located at the zero-entry pool. Definitely no showers.

Poly - no showers that I know of, just regular restrooms.

BW - above poster states there are showers here... I gotta tell ya, I think that's a mistake... this is my home resort and we've spent countless hours/days in those pools (yes, the quiet pool by Community Hall & the themed Luna Park). I know there are restrooms - two sets by Luna Park - but I've never encountered any shower stalls...

Those are the main pool hopping areas. We've been to all the WDW DVC resorts (all the resorts in WDW, not just DVC, come to think of it :blush:), and to the best of my knowledge, OKW has the best changing/showering facilities. SSR used to let you use the showers by the spa, but apparently that policy has since changed...

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I believe my info is accurate. :mickey:

What-r-ya, Goofy?
06-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Okay, I could be way wrong here, but I don't know that I agree with all the info above... So I don't mean to argue with anyone or offend them.

We have pool-hopped a lot over the years. We're some of those weird people who enjoy this "perk," and our kids love it, too.

You can pool hop to any resort (not only DVC) except for the pools at BC/YC, AKL & VAKL, and BLT.

As far as actual "showers" and "changing rooms" are concerned, the only place we've ever seen/used these at is OKW.

Off the top of my head -
WL - restrooms at pool area. No showers or changing rooms. Villa's pool has the workout room & rest rooms very close by.

GF - Restrooms located at the zero-entry pool. Definitely no showers.

Poly - no showers that I know of, just regular restrooms.

BW - above poster states there are showers here... I gotta tell ya, I think that's a mistake... this is my home resort and we've spent countless hours/days in those pools (yes, the quiet pool by Community Hall & the themed Luna Park). I know there are restrooms - two sets by Luna Park - but I've never encountered any shower stalls...

Those are the main pool hopping areas. We've been to all the WDW DVC resorts (all the resorts in WDW, not just DVC, come to think of it :blush:), and to the best of my knowledge, OKW has the best changing/showering facilities. SSR used to let you use the showers by the spa, but apparently that policy has since changed...

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I believe my info is accurate. :mickey:

The Poly does have showers. We just used them two days ago. As mentioned above, they are located under (inside?) the volcano.

MILWDIANA
06-17-2009, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=Maleficent's Dad;1906233]

Why not these??????? :confused:

Maleficent's Dad
06-17-2009, 04:01 PM
The Poly does have showers. We just used them two days ago. As mentioned above, they are located under (inside?) the volcano.
Thanks! I was unaware of those. :blush:

[QUOTE=Maleficent's Dad;1906233]

Why not these??????? :confused:
Basically, the pool's capacity wouldn't handle the resort crowd plus extras. SAB at the BC/YC is usually pretty crowded as is... This has been a policy for quite some time.

Tinkermom
06-17-2009, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=Maleficent's Dad;1906709]Thanks! I was unaware of those. :blush:
QUOTE]

But I stated it above. Not sure why you chose not to believe me. :shrug:

I understand that sometimes we are SURE of something but if you are not SURE you should be cautious of how you state something. I know for 100% sure that there are showers at the Poly as I have used them. We plan on pool hopping to the Poly in 3-1/2 weeks and I might just take a photo, LOL! As I stated I could not remember for SURE if there were showers at the WL. If we pool hop there I will check. Now I am curious as to how many of the resorts DO have showers.