PDA

View Full Version : I'm going again! And weather?

clou1028
06-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Yay! To my great surprise, my DH easily agreed to another WDW trip this year! He’s never been quite the enthusiastic fan that I am (to put it mildly), so previous trips we have taken have always required some begging and sweet talking on my part. I found inexpensive flights, and I still have 3 unused days and 4 fun days left on my park hoppers from the last trip. We are going to stay at Caribbean Beach this time, so I am looking forward to that.

So I am thinking about the first week in December. But I am thinking that’s going to be pretty iffy for swimming, because we really enjoy the water parks and using the resort pool and it seems to average in the mid 70’s in the month of December. Especially for DH, where as I will sort of tough it out because I love to be in the pool so much, but he is more sensitive to the cold. I am considering Dec 2-6th. But the more I think about it, the more I think I should move it up to mid to late October so we can enjoy swimming in the hotter weather. (We’ve gone in October a few times before). I’ve already been in December once before, and got to experience all the Christmas festivities, so I am not worried about missing those.

So what do you all think? Is December just to iffy for swimming?

Strmchsr
06-15-2009, 09:56 AM
If swimming is important then I would go another time. December is really unpredictable with the weather. You might have a high around 80 or a high around 40. Or both in the same week. You just never know.

faline
06-15-2009, 10:15 AM
I agree. We've gotten some lovely swimming weather in December but we've also goteen some very cold weather in December. On our last early December trip, we hit a cold spell that kept us completely away from the pool!