PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Coffee Snobs

Daddy Mouse
06-14-2009, 09:26 PM
DW is concerned about being a coffee snob. The stuff that is served throughout most of wdw does not please her palate. I'm requesting all those who are also coffee snobs to tell where the best places at WDW to get coffee.

Your help will be greatly appreciated and I will make DW a happy princess:thumbsup:

princess8813
06-14-2009, 09:31 PM
:thumbsup:What DaddyMouse neglects to inform you good people of, is that his coffee is served to him each and every morning just the way he likes it, without ever having to ask for it!! And he is truly a coffee snob as well, so any suggesstions for good coffee (we will be shipping our own down for in-room consumption), bring the ideas on and we'll compile a good list for all to share!

wendy*darling
06-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Kona Cafe at the Poly, the pressed pot at Boma and the Starbucks in the Swan are the only places I know that have decent coffee. (Oh, and Victoria & Albert's! :secret:)

mouseketeer mom
06-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Kona's has both a pressed pot of 100% Kona coffee, or a regular cup of coffee that is a Kona blend. Both are delicious.

ElenitaB
06-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Best place to get coffee at WDW would be at the Poly. Kona Cafe offers a pressed pot of Kona coffee. You can also get a cup at a counter set up in the lobby. I've heard that you can also request a pressed pot at 'Ohana but haven't done it myself. There is an extra charge for the pressed pot of coffee.

Another place to get good coffee is at the AKL restaurants where you can also get a pressed pot of Kenyan coffee. Like at the Poly, the pressed pot comes with a price.

In the parks, I've gotten good coffee at a stand outside of the Italian pavillion (and you can get a nice piece of something to accompany it there too :cloud9: ). I also spent a quiet time chatting with a friend over a cappuccino at the Writer's Stop in DHS.

I always manage to start my day off with a nice cup of coffee because I bring my favorite blend and coffee filters with me. This time around, I might go an even easier route and bring along Via, Starbuck's "ready brewed" coffee.

caryrae
06-14-2009, 10:12 PM
This was from KingKona look below, http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=149310&highlight=coffee

This may help too, http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=155365&highlight=coffee

I'll admit that I'm a coffee fiend and snob. Instant coffee is simply terrible. I realize that instant/concentrate is easier, more efficient and cheaper, but Disney has compromised all standards by serving instant coffee. That stuff is a travesty.

I was most shocked when I discovered that the Fountain View Cafe in Epcot FW stopped serving fresh brewed coffee. In fact, I experience a sense of grief and mourning. I LOVE the Foutain View Cafe. It was a place to have a great cup of fresh brewed coffee, listen to the futuristic music and get lost in your thoughts while observing the beautiful scenary.

Even though the real coffee is dwindling, there are still several places to get good fresh brewed coffee throughout the parks and resorts (except MK which only has one spot for espresso that you can have made into an Americano -- EXPENSIVE). Also, you won't find the likes of the over roasted CharBucks coffee, just good, usually milder coffee.

As of the spring of 2007, you could find fresh brewed coffee at the locations below. This is not an exhaustive list. Also, there used to be many more, but it's been a while and don't know if they changed:

Epcot Future World:
Stand by Universe of Energy (run by Joffrey's - Espr., Cap, Lat, Fresh Brew American)

Epcot World Showcase:
-Stand betw. Canada & England (Joffrey's)
-Morocco
-Stand near to Morocco
-Stands near America & Italy (Used to be Joffrey's)

MK
-Sleepy Hollow Refreshments (Espr. only)

Hollywood Studios:
-Starring Rolls (they roast beans here!!!)
-Writers Stop
-Cup 'o Joe to go
-Stand by Tower of Terror

AK
-Stand just past Oasis before Africa

Downtown Dis
-Earl of Sandwich (refills too!)
-Goofy's Candy Co.
-Forty Thirst Street

Boardwalk
-Boardwalk Joes (evening only)

Polynesian
-Kona Cafe and counter This coffee rules

Wilderness Lodge
-Roaring Forks

Beach Club
-Hurricane Hannahs (sp?)

Grand Floridian
-Gasperilla's Grill and Games

Contemporary
-Contemporary Grounds

Coronado Springs
-Coffee bar at Pepper Market Comparable to Kona but stronger.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Kona cafe has the best