PDA

View Full Version : duck at chefs de france

motherof4
06-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Has anyone ever tried the duck at chef le france. My husband says it is very fatty because he has had duck before. Is it worth it for a meal or is there a better choice?

IamBelle
06-19-2009, 03:37 PM
I have never been there, but I know that duck can sometimes be greasy, I don't know if they can get rid of all the grease or not.

Momto41
06-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Funnily enough I had the duck at Chefs de France about 2 weeks ago-not intentially though. I ordered the filet and my 12 year old son ordered the duck. When he ordered it I thought to myself hmmmm that's odd...not something my son would order but hey I always am telling him to try new things and i didn't want to embarrass him in front of the waiter. So we get our food and I look over at him and I can just tell he is not enjoying it...so I ask him if he wants to swap dinners. So we do and to be honest I did not like it at all but then again I don't typically order duck and do not like dark meat. It wasn't really greasy as it seemed to have a sauce on it. Between the filet and duck I much preferred the filet.

TheRustyScupper
06-19-2009, 04:14 PM
1) As far as duck goes, it was less fatty and less greasy than normal.
2) Compared to turkey or chicken, it is fatty and greasy.

BashfulBeki
06-20-2009, 09:53 PM
We make duck at home several times a month using a variety of fresh and frozen from the supermarket or the farmers' market. It is very fatty and can be greasy if not cooked correctly by piercing the skin and draining the pan during the cooking period. We have had the duck in Chef de France and it is neither fatty nor greasy - for duck. Since they need to cook it ahead of time and it is in parts when reheated, the fat is pretty thoroughly drained by time it is served. It is a rich meat though and not comparable to chicken. More like a goose or the leg or thigh of a roated turkey. The sauce is sweet and fruity which helps to cut the richness. When we go back next month we will be ordering it again.

motherof4
06-21-2009, 12:43 PM
thanks for replying I may just try it when I go in Aug. I would like to try something new.