PDA

View Full Version : Sun and Fun Trip 6/12-6/14!! Part A

BluewaterBrad
06-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey Gang! Just got back from our weekend trip. Here it goes!.... Dropped our best buddy off at the "Doggy Hotel" at 7:30 am, and hit the road by 8:20. We live 2.5 hrs south (Port Charlotte). So..........we stop at our I-Hop in Lake Wales for breakfast, and get to the check-in at French Quarter a few minutes before noon. Wow!! .......... just at check in parking we saw that the resort was busy! Our "preferred " room was not ready...........Amy, who checked us in told us they were sold out last night. 1 room was ready.(building 7 ground floor)..... (refund on credit card)........Yes please!!! We like the farthest buildings anyway.

Ok, we unpack stuff.....and hit the pool. This place is mobbed!! It was so hot also! I work outside (Golf Course Supt) and just left this hot death!! Michelle stayed in the pool, standing, and studying her class material. I hopped in, got out, and hopped in again. People it was too much. (Trust me I work out in this stuff!!) The cold resort room was sounding perfect.
Michelle agreed. We went back to the room and watched the "New Stacy resort show". We were both dissipointed. We are two of those Disney geeks that rarely leave channel 18 when we are there. Basically, only 18 and the weather channel! The new show is lame. Yes, I still watched it multiple times, but it is short and cheap. (ok enough)
By the way the resort was "Disney Expectations". You guys know what I mean. Our Mousekeeper went above and beyond with the towel animals all weekend (Lupe knew we were two 42 yr olds). Our room was just fine!! Plus, right around the corner was the river and benches. (More on that later)............. Guys, I gotta run and pick up our pup right now................ sorry, Ill pick up where I left off!:mickey: (I will go up top and call this part A)

faline
06-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Well, you're in your room at Disney! Waiting to hear how the rest of your trip went....

AuntKari
06-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi Bluewater Brad-Yes, I am all excited to go but I know that weather is going to get me! So much daydreaming about this and that and this and that and then you stop and think, "oh my, it is going to be so miserably hot-how will we do it?" Great news on good Mousekeeping though-so many negative reports makes you think that that part of the "magic" will be disappointing. Been waiting for your report so will look forward to the rest of it. Thanks! Aunt Kari

princessgirls
06-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the report Brad!

I have been in Disney for 100 degrees and 98 percent humidity. BRUTAL!!

The pool was a good way to play it!

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
06-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Good report so far- can't wait to hear more.

pdrlkr
06-18-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: